**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Need to get some new tyres on my 350z (245/45/R18). Currently have Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's on there as they seemed to be the recommended go to choice last time I got tyres fitted (was a while ago now). Are they still a good bet or would anyone recommend a different option these days?

Soldato
Thanks but looking to stick with the F1s assuming they are still considered decent. Want to keep the same tread front & back ideally & the fronts have some life left in them.

Associate
F1 Asymmetric 3 are still a good buy, they seem to be good value in that they aren't much more expensive than non-premium brand tyres, but are noticeably cheaper than the likes of Michelin PS4 or Continental Sport Contacts. For daily use where I'm not driving at the limits the F1s seem more than adequate.

They are due to be replaced in the next few months with the Asymmetric 5 which should hopefully be even better.

Man of Honour
Replaced the front offside tyre on my Merc today after a bulge on the outside wall appeared after hitting what I can only describe as a crater. It had split the inside of the tyre (invisible until it was removed) and the bulge was growing and causing both a noise and wobble noticeable to hands and bum. Replaced like for like as the tyre was still newish.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wife managed to slice the tyre of something hidden in the snow today. Spoken to Audi and they have said as long as there is at least 5mm on the good tire I shouldn't need to buy 2 new tires. The joys of Quattro.

Associate
My AD08Rs fitted at the end of September 2018 are, much to my surprise almost down to 1.6mm. I’ve only done maybe maximum 2000 miles, fitted to the rear or my MR2 turbo, I’ve not done any track days and not really any hooning. I know they have a soft compound, but 4.5 months!?

Tyre size is 225/45/16, but there’s bugger all choice and as much as I loved the AD08Rs, I can’t afford to replace them every 4 months.

I’m looking at the Michelin primacy 4 in 225/50, any thoughts or other recommendations?

Man of Honour
My AD08Rs fitted at the end of September 2018 are, much to my surprise almost down to 1.6mm. I’ve only done maybe maximum 2000 miles, fitted to the rear or my MR2 turbo, I’ve not done any track days and not really any hooning. I know they have a soft compound, but 4.5 months!?

Tyre size is 225/45/16, but there’s bugger all choice and as much as I loved the AD08Rs, I can’t afford to replace them every 4 months.

I’m looking at the Michelin primacy 4 in 225/50, any thoughts or other recommendations?

That seems abnormally quick, I've been using AD08R on a Turbo MX5 for the last 4 years which is probably similar in power and weight and even with track time they last considerably longer than 2000 miles

Associate
That seems abnormally quick, I've been using AD08R on a Turbo MX5 for the last 4 years which is probably similar in power and weight and even with track time they last considerably longer than 2000 miles

Similar weight maybe, but very different distribution, the engine is almost over the rear tyres which has to increase the wear rate. But it still seems way too fast, I didn’t even get to use them over the summer and exploit their dry grip.

Man of Honour
I get about 6000-8000 out of AD08R and that's with a few track days. Is your geo screwed or have you been running them at the wrong pressure?

Back
Top Bottom