• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
Well looks like im going to have to return this EVGA Black edition card. Will not no matter what flash with another bios so i am limited to 112% or 280w maximum. Which limits the card heavily in terms of overclockability on core and memory. 1850mhz ish and it’s struggling.

Something to do with nvidia selling non binned chips which are slightly different A chips so essentially you cant overclock it, put different bios etc as it registers as a gpu mismatch. My old FE had a 380w bios on.

@Kaapstad may as well remove me from the list as the card will be going back shortly :(.

Luckily i haven't started stripping it down yet D:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well looks like im going to have to return this EVGA Black edition card. Will not no matter what flash with another bios so i am limited to 112% or 280w maximum. Which limits the card heavily in terms of overclockability on core and memory. 1850mhz ish and it’s struggling.

Something to do with nvidia selling non binned chips which are slightly different A chips so essentially you cant overclock it, put different bios etc as it registers as a gpu mismatch. My old FE had a 380w bios on.

Looking at stock levels and pricing and such I’ve just gone and ordered another 2080Ti FE and will return this at some point next week.

@Kaapstad may as well remove me from the list as the card will be going back shortly :(.

Ah sorry to hear that m8, didn’t put the block on? I’ve just sent you an email!

Soldato
Ah sorry to hear that m8, didn’t put the block on? I’ve just sent you an email!

No luckily not started taking it apart yet as been faffing trying to flash this card for the last 2 hours lol wondering whats going on as my old FE was a breeze. Real shame as is a good card otherwise but 280w is no good for me, wouldn't have ordered if i had known!

Just seen the email, however managed to get the last XC elsewhere :). The evga are in stock on the US store but europe store they are all out of stock.

Im at work monday when this card will be going back tuesday/wed. So not too much of a loss either way. Just glad i decided to try flash first. XC should be here tuesday :).

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Looking at stock levels and pricing and such I’ve just gone and ordered another 2080Ti FE and will return this at some point next week.

If it’s a ref board you can overwrite the mismatch with NVFlash64 just fine. Use the -6 switch when flashing it.

Worked for my Zotac AMP just fine. Reverted back to stock after playing around with it for weeks but I was curious about the cards limits.

Soldato
If it’s a ref board you can overwrite the mismatch with NVFlash64 just fine. Use the -6 switch when flashing it.

Worked for my Zotac AMP just fine. Reverted back to stock after playing around with it for weeks but I was curious about the cards limits.

Wont have it just comes up with GPU mismatch

Have tried -6 as well as a few other disable commands same error. Even tried the nvflash versions with certs disabled, ID disabled, patched version. Still get same error message.

Anything else i can try?

Last edited:
Soldato
See the post 3 above this one. I’d give up and just send it back.

Ahh just seen it. I had no trouble flashing my old FE with the -6 command.

Never even thought they were doing dodgy chips or i wouldnt have bought it. Just guessed it was an inferior cooler and boost clocks to the XC line up hense the lower price as the card is for water so the cooler was a non issue.

Will get an XC instead for the price difference.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Ahh just seen it. I had no trouble flashing my old FE with the -6 command.

Never even thought they were doing dodgy chips or i wouldnt have bought it. Just guessed it was an inferior cooler and boost clocks to the XC line up hense the lower price as the card is for water so the cooler was a non issue.

Will get an XC instead for the price difference.

Wouldn’t call them dodgy, just lesser binned chips. Guess it’s how they sell them for less but they’re certainly not cheap.

Cheapest XC card is an A chip, should be fine for BIOS flashing.

Had my Zotac up from 260W to 360W+ and it clocked great but I couldn’t face the increased fan noise. Shouldn’t be a problem with you watercooling though. :)

Now back running stock BIOS and everything I throw at it still flies along at higher FPS than I need as I’m only after 4K/60.

Overpriced cards but nothing else realistically competes IMO. Glad I got mine even though it pained me to spend so much on one.

Soldato
Wouldn’t call them dodgy, just lesser binned chips. Guess it’s how they sell them for less but they’re certainly not cheap.

Cheapest XC card is an A chip, should be fine for BIOS flashing.

Had my Zotac up from 260W to 360W+ and it clocked great but I couldn’t face the increased fan noise. Shouldn’t be a problem with you watercooling though. :)

Now back running stock BIOS and everything I throw at it still flies along at higher FPS than I need as I’m only after 4K/60.

Overpriced cards but nothing else realistically competes IMO. Glad I got mine even though it pained me to spend so much on one.

Certainly strange as they overclock just the same, still does 2000mhz+ before hitting power limits. I think its so vendors are locked to a certain power limit so the FE still pulls in front performance wise.

MSI Ventus is the same i beleive.

I know for a fact id kick myself when its under water and struggling with power limits, at least the XC has a 340w bios so hopefully shouldnt need reflashing. Had the 380w on my FE and that did 2120mhz 24/7. Regretfully sold it however :(.

Cancelled an order of the windforce too as i found out the EKWB block don't fit right. Only to find this wont reflash. Just my luck :p.

Associate
I have seen the Lightning Z and FTW3 Ultra , both in stock and the same price. Not sure what the warranty is like with msi , but evga is well known as you deal directly with them ?

EDIT : The Lightning Z just went up £100 :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom