LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
Good morning!
First of all thx to all of you for those informations !
Second i m french (hope i m alowed here anyway) So my english might be hard to read! My accent is worst though!

Any way i m posting here cause i found smtg that could interest you all :
https://m.marketscreener.com/LG-ELE...launches-new-38-inch-gaming-monitor-27910074/
In the last lines it is writen that the screen should be released in « the coming month » do you think it is source that can be trusted ?

Edit : i have a GTX 1080Ti do you think it would be enough for this screen to play in « ultra » ? (I ddn’t understood the last messages :/)

Last edited:
Associate
Christ almighty this thread kicked off

What would be really helpful would be if someone could collate any questions surrounding 38GL950G, and list them and tag me in it

I can then speak to HQ and get something from them hopefully answering them

Associate
I'm personally sorted now I have the 34GK950F @Daniel - LG (stunning btw, seems to work flawlessly with the nVidia Freesync driver too) but I think the question on most people's mind is when release is slated for considering the link the chap above found announcing launch dated yesterday;

https://m.marketscreener.com/LG-ELE...launches-new-38-inch-gaming-monitor-27910074/

From what I can see its July/August for release - albeit this is not 100% set, but I will see what I can find out (this info I provide will be for the UK)

glad you are happy with the 950F - I heard that it worked very well with the driver but of course there isn't an official statement yet

Caporegime
glad you are happy with the 950F - I heard that it worked very well with the driver but of course there isn't an official statement yet

I am extremely happy, got it from OcUK BGrade and no glow or dead pixels. I'm a lucky bugger! FYI one of the guys was saying that their is a new firmware out for the F too, drops the Freesync range from 55 down to 48-144(I'm not doing it, performing fine as is as I don't usually drop below 80ish during gaming anyhow so it's nice and fluid) :)

Associate
In the last lines it is writen that the screen should be released in « the coming month » do you think it is source that can be trusted ?

Hello Valou

You misquoted. This is what is actually written:

We look forward to welcoming the UltraGear and other wide-screen monitors to the region in the coming months <---- with an "S"

That means the launch is still months away, not next month. Yup, English isn't as easy as it first looks ;)

Man of Honour
in review testing the input lag was higher than we thought it should be - and realised firmware needed updating so we acted upon it :)
thats good news. if you've managed to improve the FS range, lower the lag and now (thanks to NVIDIA) also be able to use it from NVIDIA cards for VRR that's some brilliant updates :)

Associate
This is definitely on the short list of monitors I want to buy and test. So far in order of release, the monitors I want to get a hold of in 2019:

1. ASUS XG438Q - 43" 120 Hz flat 4K VA Freesync2 w/ HDR600
2. LG 55" C9 OLED TV - 120 Hz flat 4K VRR via HDMI 2.1, obviously stunning picture/HDR and near instant pixel response + BFI
3. LG 38GL950G - 38" 175 Hz curved 3840x1600 IPS G-Sync "ultimate" but no HDR
4. Alienware OLED Monitor - 55" flat 4K 120 Hz VRR via HDMI 2.1 AND DP 1.4, obviously stunning picture/HDR and near instant pixel response, + other gamer related features

Associate
3. LG 38GL950G - 38" 175 Hz curved 3840x1600 IPS G-Sync "ultimate" but no HDR

You cleverly put ultimate in quotes ;)

As far as I can tell nVidia's monitor branding has almost no direct correlation to hardware:

G-SYNC Compatible > Despite the name, need not use either G-SYNC module. Must pass nVidia's basic VRR tests. Need not support HDR.
G-SYNC > Can use either the v1 or v2 G-SYNC module. Must pass nVidia's quality tests. Need not support HDR.
G-SYNC Ultimate > Must use the v2 G-SYNC module. Must pass nVidia's quality tests. Must support HDR at peak brightness of 1000 nits

Because G-SYNC can imply either the v1 or v2 G-SYNC module, the 38GL950G is really just G-SYNC (assuming it's not actually G-SYNC Compatible). At least that's what everything I've read implies.

Back
Top Bottom