Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Surely the cheapest overall option with a huge amount of flexibility around paying it back and minimising interest.

Interest only option, so still need to settle at end is coming out at £85-£125 per month on 70k over 2yr, around £2500-£3000 interest/setup fee.
Repayment is around £1250 per month over 5yr, interest around 4-5k with setup fee, though for this period some do not charge setup fee.

Its not dramatic and would I rather secure money against the property or a car that could just be handed back if times got hard.

Going to think it over and scary they seem willing to lend upto nearly 500k! :eek:
You people need to stop giving me crazy ideas. :D

Associate
I'd be steering to use a GT3/Huracan as a stepping stone up the ladder. However if you're planning to track it a lot, you'll end up taking a bigger hit on the Huracan imo (plus it will cost more in servicing). You'll be able to use the GT3 for the years track day season and sell it back before the new one gets released. GT3s are expected to be tracked and there will always be buyers for them.

Only problem is finding the GT3 spec you want, as most have gone to their long term owners now (at least the manual/CS/PCCB cars) so only a few cars left, albeit asking top dollar. Perhaps a 2nd run of GT3 RS' will help in releasing more cars back to the 2nd hand market.

Soldato
It's strikes me that £20k depreciation over 2 years on a £140k car is incredibly low. Even the difference between trade and retail at the same point in time must be the best part of £10k I'd have thought?

Soldato
It's strikes me that £20k depreciation over 2 years on a £140k car is incredibly low. Even the difference between trade and retail at the same point in time must be the best part of £10k I'd have thought?

Used car though, so the initial depreciation hit has gone, and we are talking supercars the market is very different to normal cars.

OcUK Staff
OP
I'd be steering to use a GT3/Huracan as a stepping stone up the ladder. However if you're planning to track it a lot, you'll end up taking a bigger hit on the Huracan imo (plus it will cost more in servicing). You'll be able to use the GT3 for the years track day season and sell it back before the new one gets released. GT3s are expected to be tracked and there will always be buyers for them.

Only problem is finding the GT3 spec you want, as most have gone to their long term owners now (at least the manual/CS/PCCB cars) so only a few cars left, albeit asking top dollar. Perhaps a 2nd run of GT3 RS' will help in releasing more cars back to the 2nd hand market.

I’d only want a 991.1 or 991.2

991.1 now have 10yr warranty on engine so good until 2024-26 and all are PDK, plenty with buckets and prices are now 95-135k, can easily get into one for 100k. Feel in 2yr these will be 85-115k so very safe on depreciation if you buy an older and higher miles example as in like 15-25k miles.

991.2 can get manual but I’d still go PDK and seen a stunning red one for sale for 144k been for sale a while surprised it’s not gone as cheapest 991.2 on market but goes to show they need to drop lower. These will fall quite a bit I feel so suspect in 2yr they shall be 115-150k range.

991.1 GT3 RS seen a stunning purple one at RPM for 150k that is tempting but not sure these are a bit like Performante could rocket again or could keep falling.

One thing about buying a GT3 which is not great it renders my M3 pretty useless so I’d probably sell the M3 and then pay the GT3 off within a year.

So as I don’t want to sell M3 it’s another factor steering me towards Huracan. :)

Soldato
Why not borrow it over a 25yr repayment on a 5 year deal? Will be cheaper to set up, then you get the option of repaying at the end of the 5 years with no penalty (if you sell the car), or just remortgage.

Caporegime
@Gibbo

Re-written the first para. Feel free to use or cut as you wish - it just doesn't quite read right to me at the minute.

For sale is my faultless 2016 Jaguar F-Type SVR which I purchased December 2017. I am the 2nd owner of this car, the 1st was Jaguar's managing director who mainly used the car for a motorway commute. With the first 16,000 miles being predominately motorway miles, I have since used the car as my daily commute and fun weekend car, with the mileage now at 26,500 continuing to increase as the vehicle is still in use.

The car has following optional extras:

Second point is the plate - might be worth mentioning that you're keeping it (if indeed you are).

Love the pics and it's gonna be a shame to see it leave the forums :( I blame Kindai.

Caporegime
So lets get talking about getting you into a Lambo bud, how does 15k down and 500 a month sound?

Lol. Lambo friends? Sadly I'm still too in love with the Boxster S. It just does everything I want it to.

However saying that, current work contract is up at the end of the year so depending what I do next I may consider a new toy or might have to get a newer something sensible along-side the Porsche. Or if it goes completely boobs up I may have to flog the Porsche and buy myself a noddy car or something!

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

Re-written the first para. Feel free to use or cut as you wish - it just doesn't quite read right to me at the minute.

For sale is my faultless 2016 Jaguar F-Type SVR which I purchased December 2017. I am the 2nd owner of this car, the 1st was Jaguar's managing director who mainly used the car for a motorway commute. With the first 16,000 miles being predominately motorway miles, I have since used the car as my daily commute and fun weekend car, with the mileage now at 26,500 continuing to increase as the vehicle is still in use.

The car has following optional extras:

Second point is the plate - might be worth mentioning that you're keeping it (if indeed you are).

Love the pics and it's gonna be a shame to see it leave the forums :( I blame Kindai.

Thank you, dropped that update in and just found nicer images so going to upload some of those instead.

Lambo is not 100% yet, there is a good chance but this is GT3 and 458 on cards too and though very unlikely the 570S is still in the listings, but they just scare me as a 570S be 50p this next time year. :D

Back
Top Bottom