*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Have they released a patch yet to address my previous gripes? I have been doing back to back 16 hour shifts and havent touched it since 3am on friday morning.

distance culled animation times (jerky zombies when you are far from them then the animation gains triple the frames up close its really slack for a 2019 game)
0.0 Vram error
DX 12 being slower by %15 than DX 11
the Screen space reflections looking messed up in DX11 but not in DX 12

These

Associate
Half rate animations on distant npc's is a trick used by loads of games and will likely stay that way in this game.

And no to the other points, no patch yet that I'm aware of.

Soldato
Half rate animations on distant npc's is a trick used by loads of games and will likely stay that way in this game.

And no to the other points, no patch yet that I'm aware of.
It looks so terrible though, maybe for a console its fine but for a game that uses 3% of my cpu at least give me an option
Is there a config file in the folders for the game maybe ? I could a little tinker

Associate
It looks so terrible though, maybe for a console its fine but for a game that uses 3% of my cpu at least give me an option
Is there a config file in the folders for the game maybe ? I could a little tinker

Can't say I even notice it, funny how different people are annoyed by different things.

For me it's normally aa and this is no exception.
I absolutely hate taa and fxaa, and the smaa in this has shimmering edges round things.

So it's either very blurry or shimmering edges, don't like either option.

Soldato
Can't say I even notice it, funny how different people are annoyed by different things.

For me it's normally aa and this is no exception.
I absolutely hate taa and fxaa, and the smaa in this has shimmering edges round things.

So it's either very blurry or shimmering edges, don't like either option.
Have you tried having no AA in game and setting it forced on in the nvidia control panel intead?

Soldato
Been playing this at 1080p on a Ryzen 2600 and Vega 56 - it looks and plays brilliantly! It has been the only game that I have been looking forward to in recent times and it has not disappointed!

Soldato
I'm sure, my ryzen uses 3% of the cpu with this game
Try 1080p ultra everything , I am almost completely positive it will be fine, possibly even 1440p

edit~ DX11 btw is much faster than DX12
I only have a 1080p monistor :D but I'll see how textures go, when I can sum up the courage to carry on. All was well until a certain someone showed up.

Caporegime
Im maxed out at 3440x1440, 8GB textures, noise and blur now on, still running superb, got it capped at 60, as using my 360 pad, and it just sits there.

Found it only stutters/inventory open/close pauses, when i first enter the Police Station, so seems to be a caching thing, as once ive ran around the whole room, and got everything in, its perfect, and even opening/closing the inventory goes fine after ive done that.

Gona have to get Dead Sapce 2 finished off :p

Soldato
Im maxed out at 3440x1440, 8GB textures, noise and blur now on, still running superb, got it capped at 60, as using my 360 pad, and it just sits there.

Found it only stutters/inventory open/close pauses, when i first enter the Police Station, so seems to be a caching thing, as once ive ran around the whole room, and got everything in, its perfect, and even opening/closing the inventory goes fine after ive done that.

Gona have to get Dead Sapce 2 finished off :p
Why did you put noise and blur on? Just wondering, does it make it better or just you like it?

Soldato
Blur and noise off for me, makes the game look much crisper/better.

Loving it so far, only negative is that I can barley hear the music and everything is at 100%. Still ****** at Capcom for charging more to release it wit the old soundtrack included. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom