• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would someone mind educating me about the Titan Xp?

Soldato
I dont really know a lot about these cards and i dont want to jump in and buy one (2nd hand, obviously) without knowing what i'm in for. From the brief research iv'e done would i be right in thinking they slot in between the 1080 and the 1080Ti in regards to performance?

Also, are they quite power hungry? If overclocked would my EVGA 850W be enough?

Thanks

Associate
They are on par with the 1080ti but with 12gb ram instead of 11gb, your psu will be plenty enough

Interesting, I always wondered why someone would buy an Xp over a 1080Ti considering the price differences, seems the Xp are good for machine learning: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hpc/TitanXp-vs-GTX1080Ti-for-Machine-Learning-937/

Also they seem pretty hard to find where-as 1080s are everywhere. I see a new Xp on ebay currently bid at £700, may have been tempted if I didn't splash out on Black Friday!

Soldato
Historically the Titan cards have come out a few months before the xx80ti. This way they can charge a large early adopters tax to those who want the best as soon as possible.

The titans have been constrained by the 'founders' blower cooler though compared to the 80ti which can have have much better coolers. The higher end 80tis can also have custom PCBs with stronger VRMs. So the performance is roughly the same despite the Titan having a higher spec on paper.

Soldato
There's 2 versions. One is slightly better than the 1080ti and the other is slightly worse. Like what you have mentioned.

I'm not sure how you tell the difference. Guessing it has more cores, it would need to be plugged in to find that out. There might be oither ways to tell.

Soldato
There's 2 versions. One is slightly better than the 1080ti and the other is slightly worse. Like what you have mentioned.

I'm not sure how you tell the difference. Guessing it has more cores, it would need to be plugged in to find that out. There might be oither ways to tell.

One is called a Titan X, the other is called a Titan Xp.

Soldato
A simple way to look at it, is that in 2019 it's RTX2080 performance, for the price of an RTX2080.

Pros: 12GB VRAM instead of 8GB.
Cons: It's used, no RTX, no DLSS, hairdryer cooler, higher power consumption.

And then ofc there's the fact a used 1080ti is much cheaper with almost as much VRAM and in most cases a better cooler...

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Actually my titan Pascal I have 2 of them and both was faster than 1080ti by a small margin when both was over clocked they have a few more rops but slower memory than 1080ti and it's core clock is lots lower at stock but when over clocked that advantage goes

Back
Top Bottom