The Grand Tour

Soldato
Who said it was a shock? Did you actually read the posts? Someone said they were getting tired of them. That's not shock?
No didn't read the post just got lucky that they both talk about being shocked, surprised, bored of the scripted script. People have know exactly what sort of show this is and top gear was for years. I'm guessing they won't be watching next week's because I will tell you one thing the script will still be scripted. Clarkson will still be crashing into May, they will still send big unsuitable cars down narrow rough roads.

Soldato
It's like it's a shock each and every time that it's scripted. Why is it still a shock after all these years.
Yep - I understand it's scripted since the new format started in 2002 :p
There is a difference between scripted something 'funny' and just going through the motions to fill time.

I tend not to be paying attention on the 'Special' episodes anyway - it's all just too forced, I much prefer the format of the 1st episode.

It's like an updated version of Last/First of the Summer Wine :p

Man of Honour
I couldn't decide if they were being serious about how poor that thing that Hammond was driving was it not, as well as if it was that slow.

Stuff like that tends to take awhile to get going due to being designed (even when not in 4 wheel low) to give a lot of range for low speed manoeuvring off-road or when loaded up, etc.

Soldato
When they zoomed out and showed Clarkson up the cherry picker I truly cracked up :p couldn't believe how high up he was

All round a great couple of episodes, definitely had that feel of proper TG specials

Man of Honour
When they zoomed out and showed Clarkson up the cherry picker I truly cracked up :p couldn't believe how high up he was

All round a great couple of episodes, definitely had that feel of proper TG specials

Not sure it was Clarkson on it mind when it went up high - the first shot of someone on it as it went up high didn't look like him at all and all the closeups it looked like it was only extended just high enough to show one section extended.

Soldato
Part 2 possibly the best special they've done to date?

Did anyone else think the hummingbirds were CGI to start with, not sure if it's down to the camera they used but they didn't look real.

Soldato
Part 2 possibly the best special they've done to date?

Did anyone else think the hummingbirds were CGI to start with, not sure if it's down to the camera they used but they didn't look real.

I thought they looked superimposed. Some excellent camera work as usual looked stunning.

Back
Top Bottom