• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Samsung are the worst at updates, slightly taking the proverbial pee when they seemingly pushed the update on the S9/S9+ slightly before the N9.

Like Matt says though, much more important things in life......doesn't help that we're all geeks :D.

Soldato
And.. february!

Samsung might be a lot of things but when it shares stuff like that it tends to stick to it.

Plus Android is so modular now along with monthly security updates is it even a thing?

Seriously I used to live this, now I couldn't honestly tell you what to expect in 9 other than something Samsung made to go on top of it.

Final point many miss, especially in places like this is that literally nobody statistically gives a stuff about OS updates... like literally nobody.

Nexus devices were super niche and basically didn't sell, especially when they started putting the prices up and pixel phones are less than 1% of the market. Nokia.. NOKIA are 3 times bigger than google in the UK market!

Soldato
hmm. I dont see the issue with S phones getting updates first, no different to the oreo beta and final release.

pretty bad though, 9.0 was released August 2018 and its a taken Samsung 6+ months to release it :/

Note 9 will get forgotten once S10 is out and the cycle repeats!

No it wont, just like the s8/s8+ isnt being forgotten now with Pie.

Associate
And.. february!

Final point many miss, especially in places like this is that literally nobody statistically gives a stuff about OS updates... like literally nobody.

I had a look on the samsung eu support forum and the OneUI/Pie release UK/Irl thread. There are some on there about having a fit because after 2 days they still haven't got the Pie update :D

Associate
Do you need to be on the Samsung beta program to install the pie firmware? Or is this the official OTA firmware that will eventually be pushed to all Note 9s?

Associate
Just did a manual update check and one UI is showing as an update for me. Frustratingly im now at work with no wift and its 1592MB, will have to wait until tonight.

Associate
Have just got the one ui update on my BTU phone, early impressions are its great. It seems so slick and far quicker than it was. I love the gestures, taking little bit to get used to them, but has given phone a new modern feel.

Back
Top Bottom