Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
This isn't really what a business account does. Sounds like you need a proper invoice/billing app like Quickbooks.

My wife accepts payments using iZettle.

Edit:

Looking at iZettle features you may be able to use that for everything

• Take card payments and record sales
  • Create a product library and track inventory
  • Get sales reports and analytics
  • Deposits within 1-2 working days
  • Send invoices and pay 2.5% per paid one

That is not what a traditional business account does. These fintech business bank accounts are designed to make it easier to run accounts. Some allow invoicing, some help with taxes, most break down spendings.

Soldato
Is this another one of these services where a 3rd party can access all your financial data? I am really unsure about these.

Probably the same as Money Dashboard. I've had no issues and find it great.

@Kol you're probably the best person to ask as you've got both. But at Pay at Pump petrol stations i can't use my Curve card because it looks like a prepay credit card and the pumps don't recognise it. Are the Starling/Monzo cards the same?

Soldato

@Kol you're probably the best person to ask as you've got both. But at Pay at Pump petrol stations i can't use my Curve card because it looks like a prepay credit card and the pumps don't recognise it. Are the Starling/Monzo cards the same?

Starling works just fine. It is a debit card, just an app only version of any old bank current account. Monzo is the same form my understanding.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour

Yup, starling's card is a standard debit card so works fine. Curve should be changing their card, too.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Unless I misread you said that is not what a business bank account does and then flogged izettle and quickbooks.

You can invoice using a fintech business account from Tide for example.

I wasn't aware of Tide, I assume they are the exception in terms of business account functions?

Traditionally business accounts haven't offered this functionality, at least to my knowledge.

Soldato
I've got the Starling joint account setup and all looks good. However, one wee issue... It can be difficult to tell which account I'm looking at as they look identical in the app, is there any way to have a different colour background or something?

Pez

Pez

Soldato
I've got the Starling joint account setup and all looks good. However, one wee issue... It can be difficult to tell which account I'm looking at as they look identical in the app, is there any way to have a different colour background or something?

Set a different avatar for the joint account, works for me :)

Then again, I don't actually use the sole one...

Soldato
So you can't seem to use starling to pay barclaycard as they think it's a maestro card and want a start date or issue number.

Google shows a thread on their community page but obviously can't see it as they shut the forum down.

Soldato
That’s weird, how on earth would you pay it then?
I know.. Worked fine with my old banks visa debit. Must be an issue with starling or bc, starling tech are going to investigate.

Got 2 weeks until payment due so hopefully can work something out. Don't really want to set up a dd as I constantly flex my payment values.

Back
Top Bottom