Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Thread revival!!!!!!!11

Im playing Prey. I never bothered originally as a friend of mine said it had frame rate issues and wasnt that good.

Picked it up in the xmas sales. I had no idea this was the spiritual successor to system shock 2! It even has a wrench :)

Hands down the most fun I have had on a game since Doom 2016. In fact I think I like it better.

I love how it doesent hold your hand and you can achieve things by doing stuff you havent had a turorial on. Its pretty hard too which I like.

Thoroughly recommended.

Soldato
I'm playing some Forza Horizon 4, Spiderman and RDR 2.

Having fun with all three but RDR 2 is absolutely the most detailed and graphically impressive game I've ever seen.
It's also a pretty great game to boot. Shooting mechanics are a bit off (the actual shooting is still satisfying) but I love everything else about it, the deliberate slowness, micro-managing, soundwork/music, animations, picking plants/hunting etc. It's just so atmospheric and immersive. I know mamy people slated the game for some of the above but to me it just feels like a natural extension of RDR1 and I feel right at home. Maybe it's partially because I love western stuff and immersive games but well:p

I had a session with my friend yesterday and we arrived in St. Denis and our jaws dropped to the floor when we saw the city at dusk/night with the incredible lighting engine at work. Well, it looks stunning at every time of day and on the Pro in 1080p mode the game practically doesn't drop a single frame below 30. It almost doesn't look like it belongs to current gen IMO.

Long way to go but I already feel the game will easily go into my top 10 favourites.

Looking forward to picking up Resident Evil 2 remake and Hitman 2 next.

Soldato
Currently playing Hitman season one on Hitman, 2 kudos to IO interactive for letting people play hitman mission in the new game.

Soldato
I'm playing some Forza Horizon 4, Spiderman and RDR 2.

Having fun with all three but RDR 2 is absolutely the most detailed and graphically impressive game I've ever seen.
It's also a pretty great game to boot. Shooting mechanics are a bit off (the actual shooting is still satisfying) but I love everything else about it, the deliberate slowness, micro-managing, soundwork/music, animations, picking plants/hunting etc. It's just so atmospheric and immersive. I know mamy people slated the game for some of the above but to me it just feels like a natural extension of RDR1 and I feel right at home. Maybe it's partially because I love western stuff and immersive games but well:p

I had a session with my friend yesterday and we arrived in St. Denis and our jaws dropped to the floor when we saw the city at dusk/night with the incredible lighting engine at work. Well, it looks stunning at every time of day and on the Pro in 1080p mode the game practically doesn't drop a single frame below 30. It almost doesn't look like it belongs to current gen IMO.

Long way to go but I already feel the game will easily go into my top 10 favourites.

I'm still amazed by the beauty of the world they created in RDR2, it's almost beyond comprehension at times and it still staggers me how I can stumble across new things in areas that I think I've explored entirely already.

One of the best things I did after getting a few chapters in was to jump on a train with a flatbed cargo car and just rode an entire loop, taking in the sights of areas I'd seen and areas I hadn't. It was immense.

Soldato
I'm still amazed by the beauty of the world they created in RDR2, it's almost beyond comprehension at times and it still staggers me how I can stumble across new things in areas that I think I've explored entirely already.

One of the best things I did after getting a few chapters in was to jump on a train with a flatbed cargo car and just rode an entire loop, taking in the sights of areas I'd seen and areas I hadn't. It was immense.

Yeah, it's absolutely incredible how good everything looks and feels. It's like RDR 1 all over again for me, when I just rode around slowly soaking in the atmosphere and details. Must've been in Valentine dozens of times now and still seeing some new random events like a guy being thrown out of the saloon through the window:p

The map is maybe not super massive but the details and what's in it more than make up for it. I generally prefer smaller and denser worlds anyway e.g. Yakuza, which is also one of my fav series, has really tiny maps but they're absolutely packed with ridiculous stuff and RDR2 is MILES bigger and a lot more technically advanced so no complaints here.

Associate
At the moment i'm playing Project Nomads and Vampire The Masquerade Redemption, both fun for me so far.

(oops wrong thread, forgot I was still on console games thread.)

Soldato
Literally all i'm playing at the moment is battlefield 5. I wasn't going to buy it but got it when it went to 29.99 and whilst at times it's frustrating, when it clicks it's really great.

I found that joining up with a 'clan' (more of a large community of players really) - helped so much. Having people on voice chat every time I play is so so helpful to the enjoyment and actual ability to play the game well. I'm looking forward to future updates though, as they really need to get more maps out.

Soldato
Enjoying the beta for The Division 2 at the moment, it feels very similar to the first one but it's still very enjoyable exploring the map and upgrading your gear as you go.

Soldato
Started playing uncharted lost legacy it sure looks great in 4k! Also playing some PES 2019 Lite but lossing interest due to the same BS that fifa pulled ping pong football and scripting....

Back
Top Bottom