Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
rBOrxQz.jpg

Rubbish picture but picked this up a couple of weeks ago, replaced my M140i.

Still running it in but very impressed with it so far. First lighter colour car I have ever had (is the hockenheim silver colour) and surprised at how filthy it gets!

(Please note I did not park it in the disable bay, the dealer had done so when I went to pick it up)

Soldato
rBOrxQz.jpg

Rubbish picture but picked this up a couple of weeks ago, replaced my M140i.

Still running it in but very impressed with it so far. First lighter colour car I have ever had (is the hockenheim silver colour) and surprised at how filthy it gets!

(Please note I did not park it in the disable bay, the dealer had done so when I went to pick it up)

Keen to hear your thoughts on the differences between this and the M140i.

I assume it's the Competition?

Soldato
Had this for over two years now, never got around to posting:
iog2gj.jpg

2sb7g47.jpg

ouqhlj.jpg

Associate
Keen to hear your thoughts on the differences between this and the M140i.

I assume it's the Competition?

It is the competition yes.

In terms of a comparison for context it is a DCT car and I came from a ZF Auto M140i.

Handling- I have been surprised at the difference between them so far. I expected it to be more focused but it is in an entirely different league really. The front end is incredible, just pitch it into any corner at any speed and it seems to oblige. Can then straighten it up with the accelerator even more so than the M140i. Even in the fairly damp and cold conditions we have had recently there is a decent amount of grip compared with the M140i which I always thought had some trouble putting its power down and did get frustrating at times. The LSD clearly helps and there is certainly a lot less roll than I used to experience with the M140i.

Engine- as I mentioned still running in so can't say too much yet. It does not feel turbocharged although the b58 in the M140i did not necessarily either. Soundwise clearly the particulate filters have had a significant impact. It is not overly quiet, certainly on cold start when it makes me wince for my poor neighbours. Different tone to the M140i which I think had more pops etc on downshift but as with the M140i I expect this to get better as it gets more miles on.

Gearbox- The DCT feels keener on the shifts as expected. It might be that I am trying to drive it as I would the ZF auto but it seems to get itself confused occasionally. I have had a dct before on a Golf R and found this quite similar in terms of occasionally being slow to react when you do something out of the ordinary (ie slow down to a round about and then accelerate to pull out quickly)

It always puts a smile on my face when I look out of my wing mirrors and all you can see is the massive rear arches. I think it looks much better in person, more agressive and the new design alloys look better in 3d.

Man of Honour
7a26798715df413a244ab9fb9ebc9292.jpg

Can't pick it up yet as BMW Germany are holding 14k cars due to 'rear light issue'. That's all the info they've released, so I've no idea how long until I pick her up.

Soldato
i like it how the grills on the bwm's get bigger and bigger and now on the m2 they are so big they have become one, i bet by 2050 the grill will be the whole front of the car

Associate
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom