What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Soldato
That depends on the model.

A "fiddy" (PAM127) was about £4K new, now £10K or more. I'm not sure there are any others that stand out, other than the vintage stuff. I've paid little attention to Panerai for almost a decade.

Man of Honour
I ended up getting the battery done in my Tag for a £25 plus £8 postage to a place in Aberdeen, found via eBay. Very quick turn around and it's nice to be wearing a watch, although I am missing my Bremont a lot.

Soldato
The clasp on my Seamaster is playing up, the spring behind the bit you push to release the clasp seems to have failed - making the watch unwearable for fear of it falling off my wrist.

Omega store in Westfield have quoted £400+ to fix it plus service and it can take up to 8 weeks. This seems to be a very large amount to me (both time and money), can anyone recommend a place in London (west preferably) to get this fixed?

Many thanks

Soldato
The clasp on my Seamaster is playing up, the spring behind the bit you push to release the clasp seems to have failed - making the watch unwearable for fear of it falling off my wrist.

Omega store in Westfield have quoted £400+ to fix it plus service and it can take up to 8 weeks. This seems to be a very large amount to me (both time and money), can anyone recommend a place in London (west preferably) to get this fixed?

Many thanks
You sure thats to fix it and not to replace it? You can buy a brand new one for not much more.

Soldato

Many thanks

True story:

I bought a Tag Link on the auction site and the strap was too big. I worked near Holborn so took a walk down to Goldsmiths (could have been Ernest Jones but it's not relevant to the point) on Fleet Street. They took a look and said it needed to go to Switzerland for the strap to be adjusted and that the watch needed a full service, quoting me around £400. I'd paid less than that so left the shop.

Across the road was a little dusty unimpressive watch shop called Alsal Watches. It's still there. They said they could do the adjustment while I waited and quoted me £15. So I waited.

A few minutes later, the sales assistant from the Goldsmiths came in with a watch to be adjusted.

Alsal Watches is still there. Take your Omega along there and I bet they can fix your strap.

Soldato
I sold a half gold / blue sub many years ago for £2500 :(

Years ago this is what they were. I paid £1600 for a used Submariner steel date in 2000, that was from an AD and included a Rolex service. I do still have the watch however.

Last edited:
Soldato
True story:

I bought a Tag Link on the auction site and the strap was too big. I worked near Holborn so took a walk down to Goldsmiths (could have been Ernest Jones but it's not relevant to the point) on Fleet Street. They took a look and said it needed to go to Switzerland for the strap to be adjusted and that the watch needed a full service, quoting me around £400. I'd paid less than that so left the shop.

Across the road was a little dusty unimpressive watch shop called Alsal Watches. It's still there. They said they could do the adjustment while I waited and quoted me £15. So I waited.

A few minutes later, the sales assistant from the Goldsmiths came in with a watch to be adjusted.

Alsal Watches is still there. Take your Omega along there and I bet they can fix your strap.
I suspect most of the £400 was for the service, though (which you didn’t get from the watch shop).

Caporegime
True story:

They were surely trying it on... they should still have been able to do the watch strap no problem. Muppets!

Soldato

Many thanks

The one on my PO failed, fixed it myself with a 5 quid watch toolkit from eBay and the part was about 20 quid from Omega I think.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/seamaster-clasp-spring-replacement-how-576548.html#/topics/576548

It's really easy tbh

Soldato
sorry guys for my homage watch but i like the look for under fifty quid

xnc5na.jpg

Associate
Im trying to get out the apple eco system, got really accustomed to wearing my apple watch

So ordered a 6T and a Citizen AT4008-51E for a daily driver, don't think a smart watch enhanced my productivity in anyway that id miss it, but i didn't want to daily wear the Tag

Does anyone have any experience with the Citizen, ive read so many good things, just wondering if anyone had anything negative about it - more so im aware

Back
Top Bottom