The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
I've managed Love Lice, Ajin season 1, Blade & Soul and most of Shangri La*, and In this corner of the world since the start of December.
I'm not sure what's next but I've definitely got choices :D

[edit]
Final list of anime bought in December 2018

Assassination Classroom Complete Collectors Blu-ray
Blade & Soul Blu-ray
Blood Lad collectors edition blu-ray
Maquia Blu-ray collectors edition
Love Live! Season 1 Blu-ray
Love Live! Season 2 Blu-ray
Ajin Demi Human season 1 blu-ray collectors edition (ATA Mystery box 2018 “Production”)
Attack on Titan juniour High collectors edition blu-ray (ATA mystery box 2018 “Marketing”)
Black Butler Season 3 collectiors edition blu-ray (ATA Mystery box 2018 “Production”)
Erased blu-ray collectors edition (ATA Mystery box 2018 “Production”)
Gangsta collectors edition blu-ray (ATA mystery box 2018 “Marketing”)
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East: Season 1 Blu-ray
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East: Season 2 Blu-ray
Noein Collectors edition Blu-ray (ATA Mystery box 2018 “Production”)
Ouran School Host club blu-ray collections edition (ATA mystery box 2018 “Marketing”)
Princess Areta Blu-ray collectors edition (ATA Mystery box 2018 “Production”)
The case of Hana & Alice collectors editon blu-ray ( ATA mystery box 2018 “Marketing”)
Tokyo ESP Blu-ray collectors edition (ATA mystery box 2018 “Marketing”)
And you thought there was never a girl online: Blu-ray
Garden of Words: Blu-ray
Prison School Collectors edition blu-ray
Muv Luv Alternative: blu-ray set one
Muv Luv Alternative: blu-ray set two
Bodacious space Pirates, blu-ray
Pet shop of horrors.
Red Garden
Serial Experiements Lain Blu-ray collection
Iria the Complete Series (12) DVD
Nurse Witch Komugi R Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Nyan Koi! Colelction Blu-ray
Photo Kano Collection (15) Blu-Ray
Sakura Trick Collection (15) Blu-Ray
Sasami-San@Ganbaranai Collection (15) Blu-Ra
Shangri-La collection
Heaven's lost property season 1 blu-ray (MVM bundle 2018)
Love and lies blu-ray (MVM bundle 2018
Matoi 9 blu-ray (MVM bundle 2018)
Norn 9 blu-ray (MVM bundle 2019)
Skip beat blu-ray (MVM bundle 2018)

- I went a little nuts
nuts.gif

[/edit]

*One that passed me by somehow, then I heard about it and was looking to buy it about 3 days before MVM had it for £4:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh ***, well apparently my last mystery box was actually delivered last Friday ... but the incompetents didn't even card me and just left it with a neighbour (in fact I think I was actually in at the time as I remember seeing a delivery driver going there). Fortunately my neighbour brought it around just now.

Commissario
OP
At least you've got it now:)

I really hope that ATA either don't use Sony DADC next year, or if they do they get some better assurance (and penalty clauses) in regards to performance.
Although even with all the faff and delay it was worth it for the deals :)

I'm currently watching Erased (just finished set 1, fortunately I managed to pick up set 2 for £15 a couple of weeks back), and thoroughly enjoying it, I'm looking forward to see how it goes.

Soldato
Got 10 episodes of S2 of Fairy Tail left to polish off which I suspect will be filler as it's just finished a massive arc.

Still enjoying it and the Men special episode they did had me laughing throughout.

Commissario
OP
I just finished watching Erased, which turned out to extremely good, just about the right length and I loved the ending.

Next up is probably going to be Garden of Words :)
Anyone watching DBS: Broly movie tonight? I'm very excited for this as I've avoided any trailers and spoilers from day 1 so i'm going in blind.
Unfortunately I've never got into Dragon Ball:(
If my nephews were a little younger and still into it I'd have taken them though.

Associate
I just finished watching Erased, which turned out to extremely good, just about the right length and I loved the ending.

Next up is probably going to be Garden of Words :)

Unfortunately I've never got into Dragon Ball:(
If my nephews were a little younger and still into it I'd have taken them though.
Its going to be packed from what i've seen from the booking, I booked really early and got decent seats, near enough impossible now to get in screening.
Ah I would have just taken your nephews to watch it, would have been a fun watch.

Soldato
Garden of Words is a BEAUTIFULLY drawn anime, perhaps the best looking anime i've ever seen.

Although Your Name is better IMO, by a large margin.

I'd agree that Your Name is better and that Garden of Words is very graphically pleasing (good for spotting places you've been in the area). Of course the films are linked too.

Always think that Garden of Words is generally underrated.

Commissario
OP
I watched Garden of Words last night, and wow.

Visually it's one of the best films I've seen in a while (not just anime but LA), and the story is really tightly told, it always surprises me how well Shinkai tells a story with so little being said, and in what is often such a short time.
I should really have picked this up so long ago.

Associate
I watched Garden of Words last night, and wow.

Visually it's one of the best films I've seen in a while (not just anime but LA), and the story is really tightly told, it always surprises me how well Shinkai tells a story with so little being said, and in what is often such a short time.
I should really have picked this up so long ago.

Check out Flavors of a youth, i watched it on a whim, and i was really taken aback!

Associate
Watched DBS:Broly twice now (first in English because I mistakenly thought it was the Japanese version, then the Japanese version the next day :p). It's definitely the best Dragonball movie to date, and I do really like the change they made to Broly's character and backstory for the most part.

While I'm not entirely happy with them changing Bardock's story as that was one of my favourites, which was already well established and even referenced very briefly in the original manga, that whole sequence was one of the most emotional moments in the entire franchise, and I'm glad Bardock still went out fighting like a warrior. I can't stop listening to the music from that scene!

Broly, I wish he didn't completely devolve into a screaming shoutbox, but I guess that kind of is his character.

I know there's a lot of buzz about the animation, but honestly I felt the sort of "perspective-y" fights (Goku vs Broly, Gogeta vs Broly) were a bit style over substance for me. Compare that to the old Gogeta vs. Janemba, where I'm sure fans could probably describe every single attack that Gogeta does in detail because you can actually see what was happening. After a while the fights were just so dizzying and hard to follow. I much prefer Yuya Takahashi's style who did the Vegeta vs. Broly fight.

Commissario
OP
Check out Flavors of a youth, i watched it on a whim, and i was really taken aback!
Cheers, I've added it to my Netflix list, I may download it to my tablet to watch tomorrow as I've got to take my dad to the hospital and usually end up spending a couple of hours minimum sat in the car :) (I think nwtflix allows download to tablet on it's app).

I started watching Harmony last night which is looking good, but I had to turn it off halfway through as I was too tired to keep going.

I'm currently about 3 series, and 2 films down out of my November/December buys...Only about 20 more to go:p

Back
Top Bottom