Caffeine Detox Time

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm going to stop caffeine again. I've been trying to pin down the trigger for my mild IBS and while detoxing and then going back to coffee I'm very confident that caffeine is the trigger. I've had it on and off for over a year and all the times it has triggered there has been a change/increase in caffeine consumption. I guess this is the down side of high caffeine sensitivity. Yesterday was the first day without caffeine, this is going to be tough.

Soldato
I'm going to stop caffeine again. I've been trying to pin down the trigger for my mild IBS and while detoxing and then going back to coffee I'm very confident that caffeine is the trigger. I've had it on and off for over a year and all the times it has triggered there has been a change/increase in caffeine consumption. I guess this is the down side of high caffeine sensitivity. Yesterday was the first day without caffeine, this is going to be tough.

Coffee and it's caffeine is known to exacerbate IBS symptoms.

Permabanned
I've cut down quite a lot since the beginning of last year. Used to down an iced coffee on the bus to work, then have 3 or 4 hot coffees as the day went on. All with milk and sugar of course...

Now I've got it down to 1 cup in the morning, black no sugar. Definitely feel better for it of an evening. I'd forgotten what it was like to go to bed PROPERLY tired.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Coffee and it's caffeine is known to exacerbate IBS symptoms.

Yea definitely. When I was having a can of monster zero as a pre-workout my IBS was pretty bad. Prior to that it was when I bought a pre-workout supplement. Between those 2 incidents I have been drinking coffee with no IBS issues, but I imagine my body may have just got used to it. However as soon as I started drinking coffee again after my detox my gut said nope.

Soldato
Yea definitely. When I was having a can of monster zero as a pre-workout my IBS was pretty bad. Prior to that it was when I bought a pre-workout supplement. Between those 2 incidents I have been drinking coffee with no IBS issues, but I imagine my body may have just got used to it. However as soon as I started drinking coffee again after my detox my gut said nope.

Flaring up your IBS pre-workout, that's a little risky :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Hangover didn't help, admittedly. Nor did the visit from @BennyC demanding le cafe.

@BennyC is a bad influence that's for sure. Fuelled purely by cakes, ice cream and coffee.

The past couple of days have been really tough. I've been feeling good energy wise but my mood is junk. Can't get motivated to work and have been smashing the decaf tea to help with the cravings.

Soldato
Coffee & Cake flavoured Icecream.

I do find myself sometimes highly sensitive to caffeine depending on the time of day by this I mean a wave of heat comes over me and I sweat profusely for a few minutes :D often mid-afternoon but I never have cravings for it on days where I have little to none. I drink coffee more out of habit than necessity.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I've been falling back into old habits, drinking 1 in the morning and another later in the day. Treating myself on the weekend to extra shot lattes from various coffee establishments. It didn't help that I was ill for 2 weeks and massively tired. My guts haven't thanked me for it that's for sure. Starting today I'm going to have to cut it down, hoping to find a balance where I can co-exist with caffeine without mild IBS.

Soldato
I've been falling back into old habits, drinking 1 in the morning and another later in the day. Treating myself on the weekend to extra shot lattes from various coffee establishments. It didn't help that I was ill for 2 weeks and massively tired. My guts haven't thanked me for it that's for sure. Starting today I'm going to have to cut it down, hoping to find a balance where I can co-exist with caffeine without mild IBS.

I only managed a week without caffeine and now I'm back on it. Didn't feel much different really, I probably didn't give it long enough, mind you.

I'm now having two/three coffees prior to 12pm and one decaff or sometimes nothing afterwards, which seems to keep my sleep in check. Also, I wait an hour after waking before my first cup. I'd watched a video on cortisol levels in the morning and found that my double shot espresso in the morning - twenty minutes after waking up - probably wasn't the best idea...

I have IBD (Ulcerative Colitis), I know some people have trouble with their stomachs and caffeien but it seemingly has zero effect on me.

Soldato
I have IBD (Ulcerative Colitis), I know some people have trouble with their stomachs and caffeien but it seemingly has zero effect on me.

I have problem with my stomach, though coffee doesn't affect it.

Also have build huge amount of tolerance to caffeine given that drank a lot (10 big cups a day some long periods) of (black with no sugar or substitute) coffee (Greek/Turkish, Frappe, filter and Nes) since the age of 14, so drinking coffee even at 10pm will send me to bed at 12am and sleep peacefully, like last night.

Soldato
I have cut down after I had a nasty reaction to antibiotics in Feb I started getting silent relfux or GERD and caffeine is a trigger. I have one a day now in the morning and enjoy it. I tend to drive to a coffee shop for it and make the most of it. Used to be 3 - 4 a day.

On Saturday I had two in error as asked for decafe at Costa but clearly was not. I found myself a little on edge :D

Soldato
Cut my coffee consumption down a fair bit - have been loosely following 'keto' for about 8 or 9 weeks, and have been having a 'bullet coffee' in the morning only; with only the vary odd extra coffee either at work or over the weekend - though I'm no longer adding sugar/flavorings or milk. But I often find with these extra coffees, I end up leaving most of it.

Back
Top Bottom