SoundBlaster z to x AE-5

Associate
Hi All,

At the moment I have the Z coupled with a aptX BT transceiver connecting to my Y50bt AKG cans.

Is it worth upgrading to the AE-5 as I am not connecting the headphones up "directly"

Audio is very good with no lag whatsoever at the moment, I have been reading good things about the X AE-5.

Failing that, any other options you would recommend. PC used for primarily gaming, and listening to music.

Soldato
No point as the headphones are Bluetooth. Anything Bluetooth has it's own electronics which processes the sound.

Going from a SB Z to an AE-5 would only make sense with wired headphones; K702 for example.

Soldato
You would find more improvement by sticking with the. Z and spending money on a better headsetphone.
Now it's correct considering overall market situation.
There just aren't much of headsets which wouldn't be trinkets.
After all HyperX Cloud is as good as it is mostly because Takstar copied lot from Beyerdynamic.

Associate
OP
Hi All,

At the moment I have the Z coupled with a aptX BT transceiver connecting to my Y50bt AKG cans.

Is it worth upgrading to the AE-5 as I am not connecting the headphones up "directly"

Audio is very good with no lag whatsoever at the moment, I have been reading good things about the X AE-5.

Failing that, any other options you would recommend. PC used for primarily gaming, and listening to music.

Hi All, took the plunge with the AE-5 and managed to get a set of mint K550's second hand - good choice in the end?

Soldato
Hi All, took the plunge with the AE-5 and managed to get a set of mint K550's second hand - good choice in the end?
For closed headphone K550 is likely quite good for gaming.
And AE-5 scertainly drives it well, along with most headphones you could find from shops.

Just make sure to stay in low gain.
55mV for 90dB means wax getting cleared from ear canals if you had high volume setting at high gain.
https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK550.pdf

Back
Top Bottom