How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Associate
£15 every 4 weeks at a hairdressing salon. That might sound steep to some, cheap to others... But, they know my interests etc. so conversation is better than small talk about the weather, as they'll usually ask me specific questions about my work or things relating to my life, which is a nice touch. I've been going there for around 12 years now, and always use the same hairdresser.

I book my next appointment every time I have a haircut, so there's zero waiting time. I walk in, I'm offered coffee/water/food on arrival, a slew of friendly hairdressers who greet me by name, and a comfy chair. I can park my car right next to the hairdressers, and pop into the Tesco next door after every cut to pick up some breakfast. Bit of a monthly Saturday morning ritual!

These points are why I don't spend £8 at the barbers and wait around for half an hour to get a haircut style that I didn't ask for.

Patrick Bateman is that you?

Soldato
I'd be interested to know what everyone asks their barber too... I don't have mine short enough to be able to just say "Number three on the sides, number 4 on top" etc. So I always flap about trying to describe how long it's been since I last had it cut, how fast it grows, how it needs enough off to be "tidy around my ears" etc. :p
I've been going there for 13+ years so I don't have to say, just point out my wonky sideburns after his brother pointed out my ears weren't level. I'd lived in bliss for 26 years before that point.

Man of Honour
says the people who usually don't have a choice! :D
True :) If I were a young single man I would probably want my hair back. But now I'm almost 50, married, have kids, probably wouldn't bother with a long term relationship if that ever broke up, then I far prefer the convenience and freedom of being a slaphead (well actually it feels more like velcro now I don't use a guard).

Soldato
^ As Hades said above. Worrying about hair do's is best left to the young 'uns with a full thatch. :)

I've spent £0 on haircuts since I picked up some clippers donkeys years ago. Since then it's been a #1 or unguarded headshave once or twice a week just to keep it tidy.

Not having to worry about hair is quite liberating and I'm not sure I'd want it back if given the chance.

Soldato
£20. Short back and sides with a sweep at the front. (It’s actually £17, the rest is just a tip)

Edit. Every fourth weekend of the month. Sometimes third weekend. Depends if I can be bothered to go to town

Back
Top Bottom