Victorian renovation build log

Associate
OP
0488A853ED1646C5A155.jpeg

plaster going on in hind sight was a pretty stupid idea doing the beams first :p

6CAE591BD2AF4A88B2DB.jpeg

I don't like down lights in sloped ceilings so have had a small flat section in the apex of the roof where spots will be mounted

11.jpeg

sorry for the slow updates, lots of pictures to sort through

Is anyone still following this? :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
16.jpeg

bathroom 1st fix was the priority while the plaster dried out. Slate effect shower tray bonded in place, aqua panels in place.
notice again the flat section of ceiling created in the apex for the spots and to carry the ducting for the in-line fan.
There will be an access panel for the fan unit on the other side.

796D16DD64B24B708EF0.jpeg

mock up of the vanity unit/toilet thing. Toilet is a bit close to the wall but its workable. Plenty of sound insulation in the internal stud and floor, plenty of celotex in the external wall.

Pine is painted, ply is tiled. I got a off-cut of stone worktop cut for the top at a local place pretty cheap

You can just about see my pencil sketch balanced on the internal stud that the poor joiners have been working off

Associate
OP
shower tray access is difficult, but possible from the room next door or through the floor to the right of the tray which is now the bottom of a cupboard

Associate
OP
8AEDD23084434F279BAF.jpeg

Plaster coat going on, dont worry the top section was plastered several days after the top section, the bit painted is dry

EBF58E66A04D49558177.jpeg

here you can see where the bed will go in between the sockets. Wire coming out the was is for the 2 way to turn the main lights off just before you get into bed, probably should have been a bit lower.

Think I got through 30 litres of bare plaster paint.

17.jpeg

another little radiator and my slow DIY plumbing, this is the lounge, office area between the bedroom and bathroom.

Man of Honour
fine on mine, and on hotel wifi so usually weirdly filtered...

nice looking radiator - what make and model please?

I've never bothered with plaster paint, just used a watered down bulk white emulsion and its been fine :)

Associate
OP
host was down this morning apparently

nice looking radiator - what make and model please?

I've never bothered with plaster paint, just used a watered down bulk white emulsion and its been fine :)

white radiator is Acova branded (100x30cm) - very good quality, easy brackets that you can adjust once mounted to get perfectly level

anthracite radiator is eBay no-brand (60x60cm) - brackets are non-adjustable so a bit trickier and had a pain with one of the tails persistently leaking until I replaced it

as for the plaster paint, I think its great, saves loads of time and mess, and its really good for not dripping, running or getting anywhere

Last edited:
Associate
OP
19.jpeg

same company that made the windows build the steps going up the the bedroom, stained to match the ones in the rest of the house

18.jpeg

vanity unit top arrived, tiler had a long waiting list

Associate
OP
F2C9CF64FF6C41BF8855.jpeg

I put cat6 under the old attic floor for CCTV and while I was there stuck in a load of loft roll for sound insualtion and to stop heat from downstair leeching into the attic

Also you can see the mitre saw the joiners loaned me

which led to more slow DIY

7889B78D59DF456C99C3.jpeg

Associate
OP
Tiler isn't my friend anymore, wood to be painted near black, tiles are carrera marble

DC15ADDB546746409B60.jpeg

mirror weighed a lot for me to stick up solo - cue one chipped corner :mad:

AF0F5611813443909B81.jpeg

faux slate shower tray - no way I would trust a true wet room on a suspended floor on the 4th storey of a house!

shower is an Aqualisa quartz 10.5kw electric job, partly due to lowish hot water pressure so high up, partly because I wanted a back up if my boiler ever went down

Won't be to everyone's taste, but the rest of the house is quite traditional so as this was a newly created room I wanted to go very modern
(but still couldn't resist an exposed beam!)

20.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom