• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I agree you shouldn't be forced, The Samsung keyboard also has gifs if that helps, and a dark mode.

Yeah I know.. I know this is a major 1st world problem but it's not even lie I'm being forced.. I can set gboard, it just turns itself back after a random amunt of time.

it's clearly a fault of some description probably buried in some conflicting settings somewhere.. irritating

Associate
It feels as if the dpi has reduced or everything is bigger as part of the Pie update. I've got the smaller to larger slider in display setting set to smallest, yet seems like the status bar and maybe even the nav bar at the bottom of the screen and other elements in menus are larger.

Soldato
Well I managed to sort the notification thing, somehow it had gotten set back to hiding content so thats one thing, then gboard seems to be sticking since I closed all apps and rebooted.. I htink I probably had something open that was using samsung keyboard?

Anyway, I like it.. I just hate the fact I need to use the default icon set to get dark mode now.. Soooo close lol.

Associate
Phone updated OTA Today. All good upto now. The Icons are a little cartoonish but the screen looks super sharp in the top resolution. Before now I used to just run in FHD as I couldnt really notice the difference but now it looks totally different.

Soldato
Well I managed to sort the notification thing, somehow it had gotten set back to hiding content so thats one thing, then gboard seems to be sticking since I closed all apps and rebooted.. I htink I probably had something open that was using samsung keyboard?

Anyway, I like it.. I just hate the fact I need to use the default icon set to get dark mode now.. Soooo close lol.

And I just figured out the gboard thing.. every time I went into a workspace Knox bit the only option I guess for security is the Samsung keyboard so it turned it back... Sorted

Soldato
Quite impressed with one ui, some nice touches. The floating keyboard is a good send for me, just wish the Samsung browser had a bottom address bar that way one handed operation would be perfect, work around at the moment is holding down the icon and using the search feature but it's not ideal.

Associate
Well I've been using my note 9 with Pie and One UI since yesterday morning. Very impressed with the update but is it me or am I imagining it, over this morning and generally today the battery seems to have drained very quickly, I was down 25% by 10.30 and I wasn't using the phone any more than normal :(

Soldato
OP
Well I've been using my note 9 with Pie and One UI since yesterday morning. Very impressed with the update but is it me or am I imagining it, over this morning and generally today the battery seems to have drained very quickly, I was down 25% by 10.30 and I wasn't using the phone any more than normal :(

Mine was iffy for 1st day of update . It settled down next day after a full charge

Associate
^^ This,
mine seemed to be using more battery for a couple of days but now back to how it was on Oreo, but there will be more usage remember, it's a new UI with more playing to do!

Associate
It feels as if the dpi has reduced or everything is bigger as part of the Pie update. I've got the smaller to larger slider in display setting set to smallest, yet seems like the status bar and maybe even the nav bar at the bottom of the screen and other elements in menus are larger.

Go into developer settings and increase DPI to 512. Beautifully crisp then though may be too sharp for some. Try 452 if 512 is too sharp

Back
Top Bottom