2.0L 4-pot to 5.0L V8

Soldato
OP
How much part ex did you get?

£15k, same as WBAC.

Cracking price that, fact its a 10-speed with mag ridge, assuming it does have mag ride, you could probably sell trade for 34-35k and 37-39k in retail if you got lucky, so enjoy it, you've bought truly at bottom of market price there, so you will probably still get 28-30k for it in a couple of years time as long as you don't hyper mile it.

For the money nothing beats these cars. :)

Cheers, yes it's got Mag ride (or at least it was listed in the advertised spec). How will I tell on the car itself when I pick it up?

The price was what convinced me, I'd always wanted one but couldn't justify the cost. When I saw it advertised I did some man maths though stuff it this is going to be the cheapest I will get to have a Mustang and lose less depreciation than buying one of the ex-demo new shape A6s I was looking at.

OcUK Staff
£15k, same as WBAC.

Cheers, yes it's got Mag ride (or at least it was listed in the advertised spec). How will I tell on the car itself when I pick it up?

The price was what convinced me, I'd always wanted one but couldn't justify the cost. When I saw it advertised I did some man maths though stuff it this is going to be the cheapest I will get to have a Mustang and lose less depreciation than buying one of the ex-demo new shape A6s I was looking at.

The ride comfort will change:
Wet: Normal, could be softer not sure, lazy throttle response, light steering, traction full on.
Normal: Normal suspension, normal throttle response, medium steering, traction less on.
Sport: Firmer, you will feel it, heavier steering, quick throttle response, traction even less.
Track: Firmer again, same steering as sport, quick more linear throttle response, traction is off, stability dialled way back.
Drag: Soft front, firm rear

Quite noticeable between the modes and you can set stuff like steering and exhaust independently and enjoy that digital dash its still the best digital dash I've seen on any car, Ford nailed that, better than what I've seen in Lamborghini which says something it is properly focused around driving and it is really customiseable with rev lights, gear change lights, colours, rev counter layouts, you will be amazed by it.

Soldato
A few examples of the sort of cars that are being sold through a Sytner Volvo dealer:

2013(63) Bentley Continental GT 4.0 V8 Mulliner
2013 Audi R8 5.2 FSI V10 Quattro 2dr S Tronic
2010(60) Porsche 911 2dr PDK Coupe
2017(17) Mercedes-Benz C Class C63 S Premium 4dr Auto
2017(17) Ford Focus Rs 2.3 EcoBoost 5dr

Felt a bit odd sitting in a Volvo dealership buying a Mustang!

Hey, it must be boring selling Volvo's all day, need something interesting every now and then :p

Congrats enjoy.

Soldato
They are fine on fuel, the MY18 also has both direct and port injection, plus with 10-speed it shall be quite economical for a V8 if driven in auto and not a heavy foot.
Mustangs are great because you can drive slow and be that cool person who decided to try something different and listen to that V8 burble along and simply be grinning from ear to ear, or you can plant your foot and experience great acceleration as the MY18 10-speed is no slouch once rolling, the gear box keeps its on the boil as the V8 in the Mustang likes to rev, really wakes up past 5000rpm and will rev out to nearly 8000rpm in the MY18.

Its a fun car, V8 NA, RWD and you can still get a manual too, its why they've done so well, only thing that killed MY18 sales somewhat was the big price increase from MY15-17 cars but in fairness they come with a lot more equipment as standard.

How many miles do you get out of a tank?

OcUK Staff
How many miles do you get out of a tank?

Depends how I drove it, I never cared, when it needed filling up it got filled up, some trips were 12-15mph, some were 35mpg.
No one buys a V8 and worries about fuel or running cost, its just a bonus if it does better than expected.

Soldato
Depends how I drove it, I never cared, when it needed filling up it got filled up, some trips were 12-15mph, some were 35mpg.
No one buys a V8 and worries about fuel or running cost, its just a bonus if it does better than expected.

I wasn't thinking of cost, just laziness and going to a petrol station :D

Soldato
OP
The ride comfort will change:
Wet: Normal, could be softer not sure, lazy throttle response, light steering, traction full on.
Normal: Normal suspension, normal throttle response, medium steering, traction less on.
Sport: Firmer, you will feel it, heavier steering, quick throttle response, traction even less.
Track: Firmer again, same steering as sport, quick more linear throttle response, traction is off, stability dialled way back.
Drag: Soft front, firm rear

Quite noticeable between the modes and you can set stuff like steering and exhaust independently and enjoy that digital dash its still the best digital dash I've seen on any car, Ford nailed that, better than what I've seen in Lamborghini which says something it is properly focused around driving and it is really customiseable with rev lights, gear change lights, colours, rev counter layouts, you will be amazed by it.

Cheers Gibbo. Good to hear the digital dash is great. I've got used to the Audi virtual cockpit so was expecting it to be a downgrade but sounds like that won't be the case! I will miss the google maps directly in front of me a bit on the Audi though.

Does anyone have a view on normal unleaded versus the higher octane options? At work there's a petrol station on the campus with Tesco Momentum price matched to normal unleadeds o I will be using Tesco Momentum when I fill up there, but realistically won't always be able to time it to just fill up at the office.

OcUK Staff
Cheers Gibbo. Good to hear the digital dash is great. I've got used to the Audi virtual cockpit so was expecting it to be a downgrade but sounds like that won't be the case! I will miss the google maps directly in front of me a bit on the Audi though.

Does anyone have a view on normal unleaded versus the higher octane options? At work there's a petrol station on the campus with Tesco Momentum price matched to normal unleadeds o I will be using Tesco Momentum when I fill up there, but realistically won't always be able to time it to just fill up at the office.

Ford map them for 95 I believe, but I still always put Vpower in it.

OcUK Staff
Not only how is he finding it, WE NEED PICTURES and make a video of the different dash modes and the gear change indicators, be cool for people to see. :)

Soldato
I love mine...
and the black wheels :)

Lowered, wheels spaced by 25mm, AirAid induction, "Fake" Carbon side
louvres and Roush Axel Back fitted.

Great sound and a great drive. MPG wise.... i get 13mpg on a fun day, 25mpg on a snow day! Mines my daily driver, and its still on the P-Zeros which while aren't great i have grown used to them :D

One of the last MY 15-17 cars so got it at a great price from the dealers in Bedford.

To answer some of the questions above re: miles to a tank, well as above on a fun day 220 miles if i'm lucky, usually 250 - 270 though. That's using normal supermarket fuel. I don't bother with 98+ Fuel, the engine runs fine on the junk they use in the states and doesn't need v-power or such here in the UK, of course your more than welcome to use that. I am not going to get into arguments over fuel, my wife works in the oil and gas industry, while some fuels do add additives I don't feel they are totally worth it.

yPJB8nZ.jpg.png

jgI7CBs.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a sit in one at the weekend, really like the look inside. Hopefully test driving one in March, although given the dealership only has an Ecoboost model on show I'm hoping there'll be a proper one to test :D

Back
Top Bottom