News on Wife (reason for being away for a day)

Soldato
Wooooooot!

Type 3 tumour which meant it had passed through 3 layers of my bowels BUT importantly had not breached externally,
38 lymph nodes removed (all the ones that serviced the part of the bowels removed) no cancer growth or cells,
Vascular areas feeding that part of the bowels clear of cancer cells,
Surgical area as in the parts they have to cut into to remove, which if it had cancer cells would have spread it to rest of body, Negative for cancer cells.

I still need to see the cancer consultant to decide on chemo but because of the results the risks of chemo may outway the the rewards thus I may not need chemo.

Time for a take out I think.

Fantastic news mate, I no it's not an all clear but as near as you can get, have a good evening and hopefully it's all upwards from here for you, god knows you deserve it.

Associate
OP
Hehe awesome, keep them away from the hotsaucetho :eek:
what do you think I am crazy, I had the mild version but I don't think it was wise, my stomach is complaining, okay so Burrito even mild version is not something I can eat anymore, we live and learn.

Going to have an early night was up all last night worried about this meeting.

Note to self nope nope nope Burrito nope damn this hurts.

Soldato
Wooooooot!

Type 3 tumour which meant it had passed through 3 layers of my bowels BUT importantly had not breached externally,
38 lymph nodes removed (all the ones that serviced the part of the bowels removed) no cancer growth or cells,
Vascular areas feeding that part of the bowels clear of cancer cells,
Surgical area as in the parts they have to cut into to remove, which if it had cancer cells would have spread it to rest of body, Negative for cancer cells.

I still need to see the cancer consultant to decide on chemo but because of the results the risks of chemo may outway the the rewards thus I may not need chemo.

Time for a take out I think.

Sounds relatively positive. Hope you feel better soon.

Associate
OP
I think that I really needed this, it was like a wall in front of me moving on in any positive way, I mean how do you focus on life after loss if death and cancer is hanging over you, for the first time today I actually feel a little better.

I still cry a lot and miss her terribly but I feel like I can actually take a step.

Going out at the moment is a no no, the risk of falling or slipping that could rupture the bowel surgery or the 29cm stomach wound is not something I want to mess with, lets face it less than 4 weeks ago I was on an operating table for 6 hours with my intestines being played with, I am very lucky with the results.

But I can exercise in the house using virtual reality.

Natural Locomotion allows you to in most VR games (open worlds) walk/jog/run on the spot and have it translate to movement in game.

Couple that with SkyrimVR and FalloutVR and your exercising without even knowing you are doing it.

Now having a 15ft by 15ft room for VR has possibilities.

This does not mean I am closing myself off, I love to walk, you have to remember that when Paola was alive we often took 10 mile+ adventures with her in a wheelchair and me pushing her, basically anywhere it was possible to reach on foot and chair in stoke on trent we got there.

But my healing is going too well to chance doing any harm by going out on unstable slippy ground.

Also while I never got into Beat Saber I do like Fruit Ninja VR and AudioShield.

All of that will give a good cardio work out and the FalloutVR/SkyrimVR will strengthen my legs.

I am down to 114kg from 134kg and I do plan on keeping the weight off.

On another note the surgery and time in hospital has given a serious hit on my stamina, I just played 30 mins of Arizona Sunshine and I am completely shattered, feel like I have run a marathon. Got to remember to take it easy.

Once again the offer is there if anyone in the area wants to come over for a VR party, I will provide food and conversation, or just to chill and watch bad 90's B movies the offer is there, just trust message me the only condition is (not if you have flu/cold).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom