**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
looked to me like if it had gone on 2-3 seconds longer the way the fight was going he'd have been KO'd,
so should the ref wait untill someone is KO'd?
if anyone is to blame then its TJ for allowing himself to be put in that position

Doesnt have to be a KO for the ref to stop it but whilst the guy still looks in it, which TJ did to me, he should let it go. Historically stoppages have always been a little later in championship fights which is the way it should be Imo, as above although Cejudo was landing big shots and he was rocked he didn't look out of it to me.

Soldato
The only way that's an early stoppage imo is if we're changing the rules to say someone needs to be completely incapacitated to call a stop.

Associate
Brilliant card. The cowboy fight was awesome, easily fight of the night.

I thought the stoppage was a bit early in the main event but TJ dropped too much weight, he didn't seem able to take a punch. It reminded me of Rockhold, he looks the same at middleweight.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah was a bad stoppage tj was still there albeit rocked but still going.

what a tool that hardy guy is though.. part of me thinks it was intentional because crowder was mugging him off just before and he was gassed. plus 3rd fight or whatever it was gets a totally undeserved co main :/ wth.

glad to see jojo got another win shes starting to look a lot more comfortable on the ground.

Associate
I was just looking at the upcoming fights and holly **** the next 10 weeks are stacked.

Saturday (26th) Bellator 214 - Fedor vs Bader & Aaron Pico is fighting.
2nd Feb UFC Fight Night - Demian Maia vs Lyman Good, Aldo vs Moicano & Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes
10th Feb UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum & Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya
15th Feb Bellator 216 - Mitrione vs Kharitonov
16th Feb Bellator 217 - MVP vs Daley, Mirko Crop Cop vs Roy Nelson & Cheick Kongo vs Vitaly Minakov
17th Feb UFC on ESPN - Francis Ngannou vs Cain Velasquez, James Vick vs Paul Felder, Kimmie Rivera vs Aljo, Bruce Leeroy vs Kron Gracie & Andre Fili vs Myles Jury
2nd Mar UFC 235 - Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith, Woodley vs Usman, Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler & Zabit vs Jeremy Stephens
9th Mar UFC Fight Night - JDS vs Derrick Lewis
16th Mar UFC Fight Night - Darren till vs Jorge Masvida & Leon Edwards vs Gunnar Nelson
23rd Mar UFC Fight Night - Wonderboy vs Pettis & Curtis Blaydes vs Justin Willis
29th Mar Bellator 220 - Koreshkov vs Lorenz Larkin
30th Mar UFC Fight Night on ESPN 2 - Edson Barboza vs Justin Gaethje

It hasn't been this good since the Fertitta days :D That 15th-17th Feb weekend is just crazy.

Soldato
Hope Fedor wins then retires

Can't see as it will make much difference to his legacy if he loses to be honest - he's already lost his aura of invincibility so I'd rather see Bader go on and become a dominant champion just to stick it to Dana for not offering enough money for him to stay in the UFC!

Associate
Bellator 214 was a decent card, fights were a bit short but all pretty good.

Jack Swagger looks like a beast. Regardless of him acting in WWE, you can see he's a legit wrestler. He's got plenty of work to do on his stand up game but I'm looking forward to his next fight.

Aaron Pico's next fight is going to be interesting. He's a great boxer (and wrestler) but he's too hotheaded. He should have easily won that fight.

Fedor can't take a punch anymore and now Bader's champ champ. A bit disappointing as the left hook/jab didn't look like it had much on it but then Fedor is 40.

Associate
Anyone watch the NAC meeting? I went on youtube noticed it's been streamed. It's not looking good for Jon Jones to get a license for UFC 235.

After hearing USADA's responses to NAC's questions, they are really shady. The USADA representive just lied under oath, he claimed Andy Foster (Head of California State Athletic Commission) knew about Jon Jones's test results from the tests undertaken in August and September when allowing Jon to fight in California. Andy Foster then texts Bob Bennett (Executive Director of NAC) and says he didn't know about them and USADA didn't notify them of the failed tests.

I really don't see the point of USADA after this.

Caporegime
USADA's credibility has been in the gutter for a long time, they're a bunch of jokers.

6 month suspension for Conor and 9 months for Khabib. Not that Conor will be worried about that given the rumours that are flying around.

Back
Top Bottom