Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I’ve just seen a certain someone after going in the sewers, and now back in the police station. In every other corridor I’m going in, there’s a licker. No exaggeration. Either that or the same one is moving when I move between rooms
You sure you are not playing on hard mode? There really are not that many lickers in the game. 3-4 shots with the shotgun deals with a licker on standard mode.

Also if struggling you can use the environment to your advantage in this game. For example lickers cannot go from one room to another. Just go in and out of a door, never get hit, take time and place shots :)

Man of Honour
You sure you are not playing on hard mode? There really are not that many lickers in the game. 3-4 shots with the shotgun deals with a licker on standard mode.

Also if struggling you can use the environment to your advantage in this game. For example lickers cannot go from one room to another. Just go in and out of a door, never get hit, take time and place shots :)

Lickers can follow you in to a room if the door doesn’t close in time! Found that out the hard way.

It’s definitely assist, says on my save. I’ve easily killed about 4 of them now, including the first couple you see and there’s one right outside where I’ve last saved it :(

Caporegime
They are easier to deal with on Claire's run as one shot from a grenade launcher will usually kill them, or if it doesn't then a few rounds as they writhe about on fire will do it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lickers can follow you in to a room if the door doesn’t close in time! Found that out the hard way.

It’s definitely assist, says on my save. I’ve easily killed about 4 of them now, including the first couple you see and there’s one right outside where I’ve last saved it :(

Did not know, I did it mid game once and killed two, only got hit once and that was because of running in and getting surprised seeing them both there :p

Shoot his hat off. Get an achievement :D

Will do that on my next playthrough, thanks ;)

Soldato
I am loving this game.. I started with Leon and finished it and I am half way through with Claire on the second run at the container bit. Its a really good mix of the original, RE3 and RE4 with some great, gory graphics. There are a couple of finiky bits that are annoying but on the whole its very good. I would say a little short but that's because I have been hammering it. Hopefully they can use the engine to do RE3 as a DLC for cheap as that was pretty short iirc. Playing on standard mode and managed to finish Leons campaign without turning to assisted mode.

Permabanned
Tis really nice to just playthrough a linear experience for a change, especially one of this calibre. I'm so consistently bored by open world games these days. I just don't have the time nor the inclination to set 100+ hours of my life aside to be told a story. Give me a clean, polished set of mechanics and a relatively competent story that wraps up in 20 or so hours any day.

Caporegime
Hopefully they can use the engine to do RE3 as a DLC for cheap as that was pretty short iirc

Yeah, Nemesis should be a half-price game, not full price.

There isn't really the story there to justify it.

Jill needs to escape the city after the outbreak, Nemesis type Tyrant is released to wipe out S.T.A.R.S. Jill gets infected, Carlos cures her - They escape just as the city gets nuked.

Soldato
It's too hard on easy mode!? I completed it on easy without using the storage box or any healing items!

My thoughts as well Im on standard difficulty and the only time I have needed to heal 2-3 times at most so far is from a Licker and a boss fight.

Question about Lickers,
can they be killed, I have not tried sticking around to try and kill one yet

Soldato
Tis really nice to just playthrough a linear experience for a change, especially one of this calibre. I'm so consistently bored by open world games these days. I just don't have the time nor the inclination to set 100+ hours of my life aside to be told a story. Give me a clean, polished set of mechanics and a relatively competent story that wraps up in 20 or so hours any day.

Same here, bored of RDR2, but I do intend to finish it at some point, and bored of AC Odyssey, this game makes a welcome change. As you say the gameplay mechanics are spot on, easy controls and smooth gameplay.

Not sure how far I am but a solid 9/10.

Man of Honour
Completed Leon’s story. Have to say, despite what I said earlier, once you get out the police station, it’s 100x better. I really enjoyed it in the end

that cut scene in the gun shop with the little girl really messed me up. I hate stuff like that, very powerful scene.

“Mummy’s asleep, and I’m going to put you to bed now too”

That line got me right in the feels :(

Soldato
Personally, I thought the police station was probably the best section.

I agree. It feels really good learning the layout of the police station and knowing the different and best routes to get from point to point with the least hassle.
Once you leave, it just feels a bit messy in terms of level design. Still great fun sure, but just not as good.

Caporegime
I completed a Leon Scenario A, S Rank run earlier - 2 hours and 34 minutes, and that was me making sure I had all the weapons upgrades and inventory slots which you don't really need...though I saved my Magnum rounds for the Mr.X Tyrant at the end (on the lift) and it took every bullet I had (approx 21), plus some flamethrower to kill him. That was hitting his little chest bump as well, which was always the weak spot in RE2.

That should make my Hardcore run easier anyway as now I have the infinite ammo pistol.

Seen some guy has done it in an hour!

Soldato
Finished Claire's story, 9 hours and 20 saves, C grade, I died loads of times on the crane boss battle, that was really annoying :p I'm pleased it took me this long as I wanted to explore everywhere and only missed a couple of areas of the map I think. Haven't missed RDR2 since I got this on Sunday. Like others have said it's refreshing playing a simple SP game.

My god does the voice acting get cringeworthy towards the end, I was glad it was over, great game though, I much preferred the police station part, that's classic Resident Evil for me. Looking forward to Leon's story now.

Soldato
So I've completed Leon's run (8 hours 20 minutes, never played through the game before, pretty chuffed with that).

Went to do Claire's story and I've been offered a 2nd run option, what is this? How does it differ to just do Claire's story.

Back
Top Bottom