How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Caporegime
Last time I just got the old bear trimmer out and shaved myself.

My regular hairdresser put the price up from £9 to £15 in a single, painful price hike.

Associate
£15 every 4 weeks at a hairdressing salon. That might sound steep to some, cheap to others... But, they know my interests etc. so conversation is better than small talk about the weather, as they'll usually ask me specific questions about my work or things relating to my life, which is a nice touch. I've been going there for around 12 years now, and always use the same hairdresser.

I book my next appointment every time I have a haircut, so there's zero waiting time. I walk in, I'm offered coffee/water/food on arrival, a slew of friendly hairdressers who greet me by name, and a comfy chair. I can park my car right next to the hairdressers, and pop into the Tesco next door after every cut to pick up some breakfast. Bit of a monthly Saturday morning ritual!

These points are why I don't spend £8 at the barbers and wait around for half an hour to get a haircut style that I didn't ask for.

A friend of mines girlfriend works in a salon I used to go to and they actually wrote what people talk about down so next time they come in they can hold another conversation with them so they can act like they know them. I found this out when I was paying about £30 for a hair cit every week
My hair did feel amazing mind as they don't cut it like normal barbers but diagonally in so it had different texture and volume, and got a free wash and dry, plus drink which always meant chewing on hairs by nature of someone above cutting hair into it whilst you drink it.

I pay £9 but always tip to £10. Been going years and actually know have good bants. He does go a bit mad on the cutting sometimes if the conversations going well but overall happy.

Soldato
A friend of mines girlfriend works in a salon I used to go to and they actually wrote what people talk about down so next time they come in they can hold another conversation with them so they can act like they know them. I found this out when I was paying about £30 for a hair cit every week
My hair did feel amazing mind as they don't cut it like normal barbers but diagonally in so it had different texture and volume, and got a free wash and dry, plus drink which always meant chewing on hairs by nature of someone above cutting hair into it whilst you drink it.

I pay £9 but always tip to £10. Been going years and actually know have good bants. He does go a bit mad on the cutting sometimes if the conversations going well but overall happy.

Funny you should say that, my hairdresser mentioned something quite significant that may or may not have developed by the next time I go in, and so I've written it down to bring up in my next cut. I probably would remember either way, but it doesn't hurt to add a little prompt.

Soldato
Usually nothing as my gf does it. There are a couple of barbers I sometimes go to, think they charge £8 and £8.50.

Probably get it cut every 3-4 months. I have less hair to worry about these days :(

Associate
£0 whenever I feel like a cut, usually once every month or more.

Anyone who already has a buzz cut, same all over or even a slight gradient, say 2 on sides to 5 on top, it's way easier to cut your own hair with clipper and a guard than you might think. After 2 or three times doing it it's as easy as shaving your face.

Been doing it 3 years, saved at least £350 as my cuts were £10 plus £2 tip. Honestly can do a lot better cut than some of the barbers at my local place could. The only thing you can''t really do is slight clean up straight razor work, but they'd faff about doing that for minutes on end when I can do the entire cut myself in about 5-10.

Just get a handheld shaving mirror to check the back in your bathroom mirror and all set. Been a massive game changer for me as I hated having that tight smock around my neck and sitting around wasting time waiting for cuts.

It doesn't seem like much but knowing you can cut your own hair whenever you want is awesome.

Soldato
£8 to be trimmed by some rather surly Kurdish men who are very handy with a cut-throat razor. Very neat!

Soldato
£35 every 7-8 weeks. Got into the habit of tipping the hairdresser when living overseas and continued when I moved here - is tipping a hairdresser weird in the UK? I see some people in this thread do it.

Associate
Wow..... i suddenly feel like i very much overpay.

I pay £35 for the lad and myself (he's 5) every 8 weeks. It's a decent cut at a barber, they take around 40 mins to do it but its also not whar i'd call mund blowing service. This is the outskirts if Cardiff. All the tatooey, leather apron wearing places in town are £25-£30 from my odd glance in so i don't bother... though its not that much more than i probably pay.now

Back
Top Bottom