Pokemon Go

Associate
Only legendary shiny i've got is Moltres, didn't know shiny legendaries were 100% catch rate, i'll remember that next time.

What's the current legendary raids going on? Haven't played since like October

Aye, as long as the ball actually hits it (can be a regular throw) it'll catch in one.

Current t5 raid list is Kyogre & Groudon, both super handy to have.

@No1newts - you can only get a grand total of 50 coins per day. It's not to do with your coin balance, you were likely kicked out of two gyms.

For example if I had two gyms held for 12 hours, and got kicked outta both, i'd only get 50 coins. Bit of a pain.

As for incubators, I wouldn't buy them. It's better value to buy the ultra box to get 8-12 of them as well as the other gear you get in them.

Associate
Anyone bagged a Palkia yet? Just got one this morning; 91%. Just as an FYI they aren't worth powering up unless you've got a lucky one through a trade. It's only really useful against itself and it'll likely be dead before you get a charge attack off if the boss has draco meteor.

Soldato
During the week, I don't get chance to play until the evenings. Might get chance to do one tonight if any pop up but it can sometimes be a few days before I'm able to raid a new legend. I usually raid in a small town with 12 gyms in total (Was only 6 when I started just over a year ago) so it's a bit hit and miss when combined with a 2-3 hour raiding window and relying on availability of others

From what I've read, Palkia is OK if you don't already have enough Rayquaza/Dragonite. Doubt I'll be powering any up as I have enough other dragons, my focus for the next few weeks will probably be trying to put together a decent team to go up against Draco Meteor.

Got 1 Togekiss with dragon type Hidden Power ready to go and a couple of Gardevoir that are good enough but don't yet have Dazzling Gleam and I'm out of TMs as usual. If I can get those three plus a few sacrificial dragons it'll do for starters and see how it goes from there.

Soldato
Anyone else feel the gift drop rate has fallen from pokestop? I always used to sit around 50% this week I've been lucky at getting 1 in 4. An example this lunchtime I went on a walk and on 7 stops got 1 gift :(

Associate
Is there a limit to how many you can carry?

Aye, they won't stack beyond 10.

Anyone else feel the gift drop rate has fallen from pokestop? I always used to sit around 50% this week I've been lucky at getting 1 in 4. An example this lunchtime I went on a walk and on 7 stops got 1 gift :(

Yup, hit up 13 this morning, mixture of gyms and stops and only got 4 gifts. Used to practically get one every stop if i had less than 10 in my inventory. Going to have to start randomly battling a few people to get friendship increases.

Soldato
Aye, they won't stack beyond 10.

Yup, hit up 13 this morning, mixture of gyms and stops and only got 4 gifts. Used to practically get one every stop if i had less than 10 in my inventory. Going to have to start randomly battling a few people to get friendship increases.

Do you have to be near friends to battle them?

Glad it isn't just me with the stops, barely sending out any gifts at the minute and feel proper tight :p

Soldato
Gifts are very irregular. This morning I got 2 out of 9 stops, just now I got 3 out of 3.

Still not managed a raid with more than one person, there's a group which go around as the gyms change hand but not met them yet.

Associate
Do you have to be near friends to battle them?

Glad it isn't just me with the stops, barely sending out any gifts at the minute and feel proper tight :p

Only if you're less than ultra friends you need to scan the QR code to battle, but ultra and above allows for remote battling. Pretty fun if you're just playing and a randomer challenges you - only happened to me a couple of times.

Associate
S'all good mate. If you click on your nearby pokemon at the bottom right and click on "Battle" where you can pick a leader to battle a trainer can also scan that with their phone camera to initiate a battle (or you can click on challenge trainer and it'll turn your camera on to scan theirs). Literally need to be side by side for it to work though.

Soldato
S'all good mate. If you click on your nearby pokemon at the bottom right and click on "Battle" where you can pick a leader to battle a trainer can also scan that with their phone camera to initiate a battle (or you can click on challenge trainer and it'll turn your camera on to scan theirs). Literally need to be side by side for it to work though.

Cheers, I'll just wait until ultra :p

Soldato
2 questions;

Am I right in thinking if you have a gift off someone you have to open that before you can send them one in return? I have two people off here who have I haven't been able to gift for ages with it saying they have an unopened gift, but they keep sending me more. Is this right?

I now have two ultra friends off here, what are the benefits of battling someone and do you both have to be online to battle or can you set a team and battle irrespective of both being online?

Soldato
You don't have to open gifts to send more, it's possible to cancel the open and keep on sending daily.

Battling you both have to be on to battle (it's live), you can train against trainers anytime. You do gain the odd item through battles, friendship points etc.

Soldato
Good chance one of them is me, i have never ending storage problems :D

2 solutions, pick the one that applies:

1) Stop hoarding so much stuff. most people are holding onto way more items than they need to. Don't be scared to throw things away that you're not using. Personally I only hold Max Potions and Max Revives any of the lower types are insta-discarded unless they can be used immediately. Used to discard anything above 100 revives/50 potions but I scaled back to 80/40 and I'm considering dropping even lower as it's rare for me to get more than 10-20 into those reserves before they're topped up again. Similar with balls. At the moment, circumstances dictate that I'm almost exclusively using the Gotcha for spins/catches. As a result my stocks of Blue/Yellow balls are getting out of hand and I'm having to start discarding blues to make more room for reds.

2) Buy more storage. Trying to play with little more than the standard amount of storage is painful. Buying more storage is one of he best uses for your free coins as its a one of purchase for a permanent benefit.

Finally, even if your storage is maxed try to open gifts anyway, even if it means throwing away the stuff you don't need. Levelling up friendships is the key to big XP gains, you'll get more gifts anyway and it's another way to try and tune the split of your bag contents to fit what you want to be carrying.

Obviously if you're the kind of wierdo who has no bag space because you're is holding onto 1000 rare candy and 300 raid passes then you already know all that and I have no sympathy.

Associate
2 solutions, pick the one that applies:

Obviously if you're the kind of wierdo who has no bag space because you're is holding onto 1000 rare candy and 300 raid passes then you already know all that and I have no sympathy.

HAHA.

I'd love to have more than 30 raid passes let alone 300. My mate has 133 stockpiled, wish you could item trade :(

Back
Top Bottom