What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I had that earlier. Going up a hill with a bend only to find a grit truck coming round the bend as I approached. Annoying, especially as about 3 seconds later I would've been out of the way.

Man of Honour
Made up most of an adapter harness, should have waited until everything was crimped and fitted to the connector housings before the heatsink as the wires crossing isn't ideal but as I have no idea if the experiment will even work properly its not too critical

gPQTY1e.jpg

Soldato
Fixed (probably temporarily) my small orchestra of suspension squeaks by the simple method of pointing a can of silicon grease at any bushing I could see.

Then realised the worst offender was actually the spring in the arm rest cubby. Aforementioned grease sorted that out too :p

Caporegime
Now I've driven in snow. Good fun. Semi slicks aren't the best suited tyre though. :p

e; Oh wait no I drove the old MX5 in the snow before, at that meet. Never mind. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I almost got them from there but the list price is £50 and you can buy them everywhere else for under £20 normally, the ECP discounts are great for some things like 5l of premix screenwash for less than £2.50 but in other cases their RRP is daft.

Mine came to £18 with a bottle of screenwash with free DHL delivery, in this weather that i don't need to go fetch it, great value!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm just going to put my "normal" wheels and tyres on, instead of my semi slicks.

I was going to replace them with a winter set but I didn't think I'd need to. :p

My NB was more than a little tail happy the other day in icy conditions, so it did seem prudent to stuff a pair on, though as already stated, we'll probably not have any snow now, or I'll have some white van write off the car in snow whilst I'm feeling smug driving normally.

Man of Honour
Nearly had a head on collision as a van comes across the road and we both stop 1/2 metre from each other. Then he tries to pull away and nearly slides back into me! Other than that, my little SLK AMG handled the weather well.

Back
Top Bottom