Someone using my address on job applications ...

Associate
I have had a job offer come to my address in the name of someone I don't recognise for a local company - I have lived at this property for 14 years and as such this couldn't be misconstrued as some sort of mistake on their part (sending out an old CV etc). I'm wondering if I should be worried they'll be able to get credit based on documentation that the company may issue down the road to them - ie payslips and the like.

Am I worrying about nothing? Is the company involved duty-bound to follow up with me in any way should I email them and ask what explanation is given by the person involved as to why they are using my address? The letter states the person is due to meet with management at the company to sign forms / contracts today.

Thanks!

Man of Honour
Of course they are not duty bound. But if there is a return address on the envelope you should return as "Return to sender - does not live at this address". The problem is it sounds like you have opened it which you are not actually supposed to do (but most people will).

Associate
OP
Of course they are not duty bound. But if there is a return address on the envelope you should return as "Return to sender - does not live at this address". The problem is it sounds like you have opened it which you are not actually supposed to do (but most people will).

I've emailed the company in question stating that no-one lives at the address with that name. There is no problem with opening mail that arrives at your address, It's only illegal to open someone else's mail if you do not have a reasonable excuse for doing so or if you "intend to act to another's detriment".

Caporegime
I have had a job offer come to my address in the name of someone I don't recognise for a local company - I have lived at this property for 14 years and as such this couldn't be misconstrued as some sort of mistake on their part (sending out an old CV etc). I'm wondering if I should be worried they'll be able to get credit based on documentation that the company may issue down the road to them - ie payslips and the like.

Am I worrying about nothing? Is the company involved duty-bound to follow up with me in any way should I email them and ask what explanation is given by the person involved as to why they are using my address? The letter states the person is due to meet with management at the company to sign forms / contracts today.

Thanks!
You have to resign from your current job and then start on Monday at the new job. The details will be in the letter but remember to turn up early and look presentable.

Let us know how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom