strangest thing you've seen on a CV?

Caporegime
I once had a lad work for me in one of the warehouses. He was 28 years old with 34 years of work experience when we added up how many years he told us he'd worked in each field...

Could that not be from rounding up to the nearest year and/or experience gained concurrently?

Man of Honour
It gives me a fantastic idea. I'm going to setup another email address and start sending in comedy fake CV's to jobs :D

I did once have an agent call me up about the exact job I'd just resigned from. Apparently my CV was an absolutely perfect match for the role. Surprising that :)

Soldato
Someone claiming they had for example 10 years experience in a technology that's only been around for 5 or something similar seams to be quite common

You get that a lot in telecoms. During the phone screening, it usually transpired that they barely understand the acronym for technology X that they've claimed to be a guru in, let alone how it works.

Caporegime
That's a serious bit of rounding up to cancel out 16-18 years of a 28 year old's life!

Depends on context, you can gain experience concurrently too. It isn't really clear what the other poster was referring to re: tallying up the years of experience the candidate has mentioned for various fields.

Soldato
OP
Depends on context, you can gain experience concurrently too. It isn't really clear what the other poster was referring to re: tallying up the years of experience the candidate has mentioned for various fields.

It wasn't rounding, he sat there in front of a group of lads telling us all the jobs he'd had in different fields and how long he worked there. I just added up the years as he was bs'ing his way through.

Caporegime
It wasn't rounding, he sat there in front of a group of lads telling us all the jobs he'd had in different fields and how long he worked there. I just added up the years as he was bs'ing his way through.

So he didn't even have a CV? :D

Soldato
I did once have an agent call me up about the exact job I'd just resigned from. Apparently my CV was an absolutely perfect match for the role. Surprising that :)
Yup. I was looking for a new job and an agency speculatively sent my CV to my then boss. Luckily we were under notice of redundancy (buy out & relocation) so it wasn't an issue. I did have a strong work with the agency about it though.

Man of Honour
I once had a CV sent over to me that had a grading system for their technical skills, with no indication as to what was good and what was not so good. It was even a logical scale like A1 or E5 etc, it was really random and made no sense

Back
Top Bottom