• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
DDU Uninstall then re install driver
I'm having serious issues trying to get the adrenalin drivers to install.
I tried installing them on my r390 but the installer kept hanging on the detecting hardware screen.
So I tried installing my vega 64 - and it's still hanging on the detecting hardware screen.
Any ideas what's causing this?
DDU fixed this, if anyone has the same problem - thanks @faceman123

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Its taken some work with both AMD and Sapphire to make this happen, but the timing could not be better, a time where VEGA supply has become severely limited, we are able to bring you the Black Friday prices once again and the triple games bundle is still valid. :)

AMD Raise The Game Fully Loaded Promo - Resident Evil 2, The Division 2 & Devil MayCry 5 @ £149.99 inc VAT

All AMD Vega 64/56 and RX 590 purchases qualify for all three games!

Only £149.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 56 Pulse 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card (11276-02-40G) @ £299.99 inc VAT

11276-02-40G, Core Clock: 1208MHz, Boost Clock: 1512MHz, Memory: 8192MB 800MHz HBM2, Stream Processors: 3584, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, GCN, Freesync support, 2 Year Warranty.

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 Nitro+ 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £399.95 inc VAT

11275-03-40G, Core Clock: 1373MHz, Boost Clock: 1580MHz, Memory: 8192MB 945MHz HBM2, Stream Processors: 4096, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, GCN, Freesync support, 2 Year Warranty.

Only £399.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

These cards at these prices are seriously unbeatable, then factor in the games bundle the value is astonishing, you could sell these games and potentially recoup as much as £50, when you think about that, a VEGA 56 for £250 is the deal of the century.

Also the fact VEGA performance has come along such a long way the Vega 56 is a crazy powerful 1080P card and perfectly suited to 1440P gaming at high frame rates and the Vega 64 is more than capable enough of gaming at 4k with very respectable performance.

It is a great time to be able to not only buy Vega at such great prices, but these are the absolute best VEGA cards been the Sapphire models. :)

Soldato
Well, the Nitro V64 finally went down to a reasonable price in shops near me as well. Can't wait to get it tomorrow or the day after & put it through its paces!! Time for some 5K stress tests. :cool:

Damn thing, kept oscillating between it and the MSI Armor 2070, but figured, heck, would probably need a new PSU anyway, mine's about 6 years old now.

Associate
@LoadsaMoney That TimmyJoe vid is quite interesting, didn't get the best out of the card either as with a 1850MHz core clock would have expected much higher Timespy and Firestrike results. ~8000 GPU score is close to 450pts below my Vega64 at ~50C with 1740MHz load in Timespy. Guess he didn't OC the memory.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4906893

Yep I've only ran timespy once ever and just used my daily 27/7 clocks of 1680/ 1145 @ 1050mv air cooled lol. GPU score of 8107... I'm betting his overclock isn't really stable but it's getting through the run. Pretty odd, unless his CPU is really tanking it?

Associate
Yep I've only ran timespy once ever and just used my daily 27/7 clocks of 1680/ 1145 @ 1050mv air cooled lol. GPU score of 8107... I'm betting his overclock isn't really stable but it's getting through the run. Pretty odd, unless his CPU is really tanking it?
CPU isn't tanking it that much. I'm on a ThreadRipper clocked lower and while I have more CPU score that's pure thread count. At 1850MHz under load that should be closer to 9000 than 8000, something really off with his test.

Soldato
CPU isn't tanking it that much. I'm on a ThreadRipper clocked lower and while I have more CPU score that's pure thread count. At 1850MHz under load that should be closer to 9000 than 8000, something really off with his test.

I bet is a click bait. It's 1 point faster than my Vega 64 at 1704 mhz operational on those benchmarks.

Associate
I'm going to take the plunge and take advantage of the Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ deal upgrading from my R9 390.

My only concern is my current PSU is a Corsair CX750M. I've had this card for 6 years and its worked without a hitch. Does anyone have any experience running the Sapphire card with this PSU?

I would be planning to undervolt - but that's not really a long term solution if the PSU isn't up to the task without undervolting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to take the plunge and take advantage of the Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ deal upgrading from my R9 390.

My only concern is my current PSU is a Corsair CX750M. I've had this card for 6 years and its worked without a hitch. Does anyone have any experience running the Sapphire card with this PSU?

I would be planning to undervolt - but that's not really a long term solution if the PSU isn't up to the task without undervolting.

Vega64 drinks a fair bit of juice but in the grand scheme of things, being an overclockers forum, since when does power draw really worry any of us here. You'll love your new 64 card. With the past 12-18 months worth of driver updates, it's now a fantastic gaming card, as are all 56 and 64 cards. I'll give it to AMD, they really do eek out every inch of performance from driver maturity.

If you're that worried about your PSU, sell it, along with the 3 free games you get with the Vega64 card, then use that cash to buy a new 850W PSU. Free PSU upgrade :p

I've had a 64 running for a while with my EVGA G2 750W and it ran fine. My PSU is only 2-3 years old though.

Associate
Vega64 drinks a fair bit of juice but in the grand scheme of things, being an overclockers forum, since when does power draw really worry any of us here. You'll love your new 64 card. With the past 12-18 months worth of driver updates, it's now a fantastic gaming card, as are all 56 and 64 cards. I'll give it to AMD, they really do eek out every inch of performance from driver maturity.

If you're that worried about your PSU, sell it, along with the 3 free games you get with the Vega64 card, then use that cash to buy a new 850W PSU. Free PSU upgrade :p

I've had a 64 running for a while with my EVGA G2 750W and it ran fine. My PSU is only 2-3 years old though.

Do people buy 6 year old power supplies?! :eek:

I wasn't too worried about the power until I read about someone having crashes with it with the Sapphire card (which has 3 x 8pin connectors?!)

Yeh I'm really looking forward to sticking the vega 64 in the rig :D:D:D

Associate
So I have just taken the plunge and ordered the Sapphire Nitro from OC - couldn't resist at that price with the 3 free games!

I am upgrading from a 1060 Strix.

One thing I am slightly concerned about is if my PSU will be able to handle it as I know its a juicy card. I currently have a Corsair CXM 650W. I've read differentiating reviews on what power I would need. Anyone running something similar?

Associate

So I've taken the plunge and went for the following:

Can't wait to get it all hooked up this weekend!

Soldato
So I've taken the plunge and went for the following:

Can't wait to get it all hooked up this weekend!

Sorted. You'll notice a huge improvement. Remember to activate the Chill option in your games. Find it in the settings. You can edit it specific to each individual game. For example with my vega56, I set the FPS to 40-45 so it doesn't have to work hard when playing footy manager games. For BF1 I have it set to a range of 80-100 as it's a bit more of a taxing game than footy manager :p

Back
Top Bottom