Headset 2.0 for a sennheiser GSX

Soldato
Hi,

I used to have a set of hyper X and stupidly sold them, they were fine for my needs and worked well with the GSX

I'm building a new pc and still have the GSX, I need some new headphones and need them to be stereo with a detachable mic, will be used for gaming only and don't want wireless or any RGB guff

Any recommendations please, I read the Corsair HS50 are quite good and they're quite cheap too, dont really want to spend a huge amount on them

Cheers

Soldato
I'd probably go for the HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro. £20 more than the HS50, but are more than likely worth the extra.

For me at least; Kingston have earned some respect with some decent HyperX headsets. Corsair on the other hand have released some rubbish before now..

Soldato
OP
I'd probably go for the HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro. £20 more than the HS50, but are more than likely worth the extra.

For me at least; Kingston have earned some respect with some decent HyperX headsets. Corsair on the other hand have released some rubbish before now..

Thanks, I could push £20 more but arent they 7.1?

The GSX does the surround on a 2.0 headset, it worked really well on my previous 2.0 headset

Soldato
any headphone is 7.1 with the GSX, it's a virtual surround sound device that simulates 7.1 sound through stereo.
What you really don't want is a true 7.1 headset as they have multiple speakers and won't work properly with your GSX

Soldato
Judging by post #5; I'd say he realises that.

OP is likely questioning as to whether the Alpha is 7.1, because it would be USB if it were 7.1. Although; if it were, that would likely be removable anyway, like the Cloud II.

Edit:

What you really don't want is a true 7.1 headset as they have multiple speakers and won't work properly with your GSX

Very true. I'd forgotten about those things. :p

Soldato
Ok good stuff, I'll get some ordered with the rest of the new build in the next week

Thanks

No probs :) I wear them a fair bit, as I do most of my gaming on my Xbox. On my PC I use a pair of MMX 300, and the Alpha's don't get considerably warmer. A little sweatier, yes, but not as bad as wearing a pair of over ear headphones on the underground :p

Soldato
I've wondered that myself. I can't see them listed on the HyperX site as Alpha Pro, just Alpha. Could be that the jungle site just lists them as being Pro. Model number of those and Alpha on HyperX site is the same.

Back
Top Bottom