Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Yeah looks like a roadrunner from the rear. 5.7 hemi probably

No such thing in that era. :)

You could get a 6.3-litre V8 (383ci), a 7.0-litre Hemi (426ci) or a 7.2-litre V8 (440ci) in a Road Runner.

This looks pretty base, though, so I'd assume it's a Satellite – not a Road Runner. They could be had with smaller V8s, too, including a 4.5-litre one (with conventional heads).

*Edit* Just looked it up on the VED checker – it's a 5.2, so 318ci. Not quite the smallest engine in the range but almost there! :)

Had a 440 in my Charger. Arguably a better engine than a Hemi – lighter, easier to work on, etc. A good 440 would really give a Hemi a hard time.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Well it was a damn cool thing to see any day, let alone a day today, though someone commented on my instagram I think that he works in Fedex just down road from OcUK so I am surprised not seen it before, sounded really nice, not loud just that classic American V8 burble which to be quite frank is one of the best automotive sounds ever!

Soldato
Looks like 230hp in 1967, though it was fitted with a thermoquad which in roadkill circles are now legendary (for the wrong reasons).

A tower of power without doubt!

And 340lb ft, which is useful. :)

Thermoquad's actually a really good carb once you find one that doesn't have a warped base. I used one on my 440 (above) briefly and it was sweet. I didn't have the right linkage for it, though, so couldn't really use it (was fouling the kickdown set-up). Think it's still drifting around at home, now that you mention it!

Soldato
Anyone notice, on the One show (on BBC1) last night the old fella who met up with his old girlfriend of 65 years ago was driving round in a mint, white 1984 Vauxhall Cavalier SRi.

I've not seen a cavalier on the road for about 10-15 years!!

Caporegime
Never seen it before and we're not far from the FedEx.
I live in Silverdale and work in Tunstall, I've seen it a few times around town, have you ever clocked the local Red Ford Gran Torino? (a-la Starsky & Hutch complete with white stripe) I've followed it through the Chesterton Maccy's drive through a few times but never got the chance to speak to the owner who seems surprisingly young from apperance.

Associate
Bit of a late upload. 1 of 5 I believe? Had 3 signatures on the boot.
2dlugy.jpg

em1ye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom