*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I'm using one because I have an earlier Switch with a rubbish WiFi chip. So I got it to reduce latency for Smash Bros online. The difference itself isn't so much in connection speed (unless your router is very far away!) But more a reduction in packet loss and latency.
i havent got smash to try this, but it wasnt enough for me to play pso2

Soldato
That is just speculation. It's a fantastic console as it is. If you want one, just get it. :)
Oh I have one alright. Always wanted one for Zelda, though could not afford that for just one game for a while. A month before Christmas I got it, so only watching the pro as I do not want to see it for a good year so. If you know what I mean.

First console since I became PC elite after the Dreamcast.
There is something so, so special with Japanese console games, so good they feel alive. Not many PC games have done that for me, a few had their moments, Half Life being one one of the most polished series.
Yes, so loving the Nintendo gaming experience, it's good to be back as someone once sang; oh wait.

Soldato
Oh I have one alright. Always wanted one for Zelda, though could not afford that for just one game for a while. A month before Christmas I got it, so only watching the pro as I do not want to see it for a good year so. If you know what I mean.

First console since I became PC elite after the Dreamcast.
There is something so, so special with Japanese console games, so good they feel alive. Not many PC games have done that for me, a few had their moments, Half Life being one one of the most polished series.
Yes, so loving the Nintendo gaming experience, it's good to be back as someone once sang; oh wait.

I started PC gaming after the Dreamcast as well and I've been a lapsed Nintendo fan ever since (I did own a Gamecube but I never really used it much). It's good to be back. Playing Nintendo games reminds me of why I loved playing games in the first place.

Soldato
Yes indeed.
Any clues as to what the two new Switch games planned for release could be? Hoping the offline one will be Pilot Wings. The other online Vs one not sure at all.
All Nintendo saying so far is "Fans would be delighted to know." about them coming to the Switch this year.

Soldato
Knowing Nintendo they'll do the exact opposite of what everyone expects or thinks they should do.

I'd happily buy a "Pro" version with improved specs right now but I wouldn't be surprised if they created a little TV only console without the screen etc. Would cost a fraction of Switch to produce and Nintendo could focus on shifting more software units which is where the real money is.

Soldato
I'm using one because I have an earlier Switch with a rubbish WiFi chip. So I got it to reduce latency for Smash Bros online. The difference itself isn't so much in connection speed (unless your router is very far away!) But more a reduction in packet loss and latency.

I didn't realise there is a network adaptor? Where does it plug into exactly?

Associate
Knowing Nintendo they'll do the exact opposite of what everyone expects or thinks they should do.

I'd happily buy a "Pro" version with improved specs right now but I wouldn't be surprised if they created a little TV only console without the screen etc. Would cost a fraction of Switch to produce and Nintendo could focus on shifting more software units which is where the real money is.
that sort of defeats the purpose of the switch. however i am all for a better stand that doesnt damage the screen and bulit in support for stuff like ethernet

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Metroid trilogy will come out for sure but there are a couple of questions about when and in what format.

Will they have updated/upgraded the graphics (probably not because why would you, you can charge the same regardless)
Will it be released soon for our benefit or will it be held back until X number of months before MP4 comes out. Hopefully thats not the case because MP4 won't be out for another 2-3 years by all accounts.

Soldato
It's all about Fire Emblem for me this year. Though Metroid Prime Trilogy would come a close second. Probably Pokémon after that, providing it offers something genuinely new (rather than just being Let's Go set in a different region, with different Pokémon and no/less motion control stuff).

Man of Honour
I think we should expect one it has been two years. Example i paid Nvidia xx for the parts. Two years on its old tech i demand a die shrink or a better Tegra for value.

So if you die shrink you can overclock the CPU so in some games you can nearly double the FPS. This is really easy to do you just beef up the cooler inside or die shrink. And while there increase the ram from 4gb to 8gb. Thats pretty much going to cost the same price. Times move on what Nintendo bought last year is now devalued. Does a 1080 still cost the same as two years ago? Nope tech value halves in a two year period.

They could also easily source 1080p bezel free LED screens. The only issue i see is will they be able to source the low blur OLED? I think not and if anything it will be a cheap 1080p LED. Overall it would be easy to give the Switch a 60%+ boost because this is why some games will never come to Switch.

No Steep or COD or any other game because clearly there are games people want to put on there at 30fps but even at that framerate the CPU gives them rubbish performance like Ark. And Ark is an embarrassment to be honest.

They could have easily gone for the tegra x2 at launch, but that's not how Nintendo do things.

Permabanned
They could have easily gone for the tegra x2 at launch, but that's not how Nintendo do things.

From google it says Tegra x2 would only bring memory improvements, Is this like IPC? And the Shield has the same cpu but runs 50% or so faster. I guess this is because it is bigger with better cooling but i think it currently very simple to change to X2 go from 4gb to 8gb memory and utilise the bandwidth improvement and overclock things more.

It takes literally unplugging the internal fan to shutdown at 66c. And you know that would sell well with a larger screen. Lets say a bezel free 1080p screen to boot. And bam theres an XL version without going to Tegra X3.

Caporegime
From google it says Tegra x2 would only bring memory improvements, Is this like IPC? And the Shield has the same cpu but runs 50% or so faster. I guess this is because it is bigger with better cooling but i think it currently very simple to change to X2 go from 4gb to 8gb memory and utilise the bandwidth improvement and overclock things more.

It takes literally unplugging the internal fan to shutdown at 66c. And you know that would sell well with a larger screen. Lets say a bezel free 1080p screen to boot. And bam theres an XL version without going to Tegra X3.

They won't. This then gives developers headroom to improve their future games which then makes current switch users 'less'. Nintendo won't allow such shenanigans.

Back
Top Bottom