OcUK Staff
OP
clearly obvious what i mean the hardtop Lambo looks brilliant yes, but not his, it looks naff.

i'm sorry but if you dont like the Jazz dont post in with your **** ok ``coilovers ruin a car on the road`` what a load of rubbish, if you're saying stuff like this you know sod all about cars. my Jazz is nothing that special, loads are modded much more than this, just clear off with your hate.

That is your opinion, but he loves it, why he dropped 75k on it, I think it looks awesome and from the pax ride its just huge fun.

Also never put words in my mouth, makes me angry, when you make up lies about people Mal.
Point where I ever said coilovers ruin a car on the road, come on tell me when I have said this? You will find I have not, quality coilovers and properly setup will actually improve the ride of any road car, that is fact, I've done it, several times, the dampers that manufacturers fit are built to a budget and mass produced, good quality dampers, particular British and German ones don't only improve handling, they also improve ride quality. You only have to watch some reviews of latest GT3's to see journalist in shock and awe of how well mannered they are on road, that is because quality dampers, GT4, Lotus, Mclaren, Porsche all really know how to make a car ride and handle fantastic, they make race cars for the road that you can go the shops in. Some companies are not quite there yet, BMW is a great example, M4 GTS, total nightmare on road, particular in wet.

Some of the cheaper Chinese brands however should be totally avoided, they offer an improvement on track, but at expense road manners.

Your talking to someone who has been modifying cars for a long time, a vast array of cars and I know a little about what I am doing when it comes to suspension and what works, I've never said coilovers ruin a road car, quite the opposite, I said I feel its waste of money based on the car your modding. Having driven a Honda Jazz I had no problem sitting on the motorway at 80mph, it was fine.

Soldato
That is your opinion, but he loves it, why he dropped 75k on it, I think it looks awesome and from the pax ride its just huge fun.

Also never put words in my mouth, makes me angry, when you make up lies about people Mal.
Point where I ever said coilovers ruin a car on the road, come on tell me when I have said this? You you find I have not, quality coilovers and properly setup will actually improve the ride of any road car, that is fact, I've done it, several times, the dampers that manufacturers fit are built to a budget and mass produced, good quality dampers, particular British and German ones don't only improve handling, they also improve ride quality.

Some of the cheaper Chinese brands however should be totally avoided, they offer an improvement on track, but at expense road manners.

Your talking to someone who has been modifying cars for a long time, a vast array of cars and I know a little about what I am doing when it comes to suspension and what works, I've never said coilovers ruin a road car, quite the opposite, I said I feel its waste of money based on the car your modding. Having driven a Honda Jazz I had no problem sitting on the motorway at 80mph, it was fine.

To be fair I think Mal was referring to someone else. :)

Caporegime
Probably me he was referring to, my point was he is doing these mods to improve the car on the motorway, fitting cheap coilovers in-order to drive a car for long distances in basically a straight line is just odd.

Soldato
no Gibbo i didn't mean you obviously...........you're one of the few petrolheads here, i meant that arrogant twit who thinks just because he has a lambo now, that he can troll me because i've only got a Jazz, it's so obvious..............

OcUK Staff
OP
no Gibbo i didn't mean you obviously...........you're one of the few petrolheads here, i meant that arrogant twit who thinks just because he has a lambo now, that he can troll me because i've only got a Jazz, it's so obvious..............

Well mate, it takes two to tango. :)

Why are you bothered, enjoy what your doing, I don't get it, but your money and your having fun and if your having fun its money well spent. :)

Don
you lot come here on purpose to troll me..........it's so obvious.
i knew this crap would be here this morning, this forum is so bad now, this place of full arrogant members who go around looking for trouble.

it's very strange, there's a poisonous hatred here, the fuss over these Jazz mods is pathetic, it'll be a far better car.

You can't honestly post something like that seriously and expect everyone to provide only positive feedback?

If you don't appreciate the negative feedback (as well as positive - if that's even possible), then probably better to not post such things in the first place.

Soldato
and this comes from a guy that wasted his money on a yellow Lambo convertible !!!!
but now he thinks he's the forum hero and everyone loves him..........truly pathetic.....look at yourself mate before you start criticising others!
People's opinions of Skoda are obviously improving if they're getting confused with Lamborghini now :D

Sgarrista
Commissario

Lets make one thing absolutely clear, youre the one who started with the personal attacks on me, when you cant even tell the difference between 2 different users.

Soldato
Probably me he was referring to, my point was he is doing these mods to improve the car on the motorway, fitting cheap coilovers in-order to drive a car for long distances in basically a straight line is just odd.

where did i say just a straight line, again you make no sense....... cheap coilovers? i tend to sort of agree here, but it's what they recommended because they use these themselves and they should know, but i'm not sure to be honest because they're all very similar around 1k.......only the likes of Ohlins really stand out and definitely wasted on the Jazz...plus you cant get them for the Jazz anyway.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
where did i say just a straight line, again you make no sense....... cheap coilovers? i tend to sort of agree here, but it's what they recommended but i'm not sure to be honest, they're all very similar around 1k.......only the likes of Ohlins really stand out and definitely wasted on the Jazz...plus you cant get them for the Jazz anyway..........i spent a lot of money but i was budget minded because i could've spent far more.

No KW V1 available around a grand? Sometimes they offer some cheaper solutions.

I fitted KW Clubsport to both M3 and Mustang, around 3k as its top spec kit, but ride quality, particular damping quality was improved in both car, yes firmer, but rode better, but firmness you can control with spring rates.

I am not sure who the parent company is for Yellow Speed, but I think they are lets say one of the cheap, but cheerful brands so should be OK.
I've ridden in M3's with BC and HSD, good on track but were absolutely shocking on the road ride quality wise in comparison to KW and Nitron.

Soldato
where did i say just a straight line, again you make no sense....... cheap coilovers? i tend to sort of agree here, but it's what they recommended because they use these themselves and they should know, but i'm not sure to be honest because they're all very similar around 1k.......only the likes of Ohlins really stand out and definitely wasted on the Jazz...plus you cant get them for the Jazz anyway.

This place always calls out people for doing silly things, surely you're used to it?

Soldato
Feels appropriate

NO, mine is the 2012 Jazz
No KW V1 available around a grand? Sometimes they offer some cheaper solutions.

I fitted KW Clubsport to both M3 and Mustang, around 3k as its top spec kit, but ride quality, particular damping quality was improved in both car, yes firmer, but rode better, but firmness you can control with spring rates.

I am not sure who the parent company is for Yellow Speed, but I think they are lets say one of the cheap, but cheerful brands so should be OK.
I've ridden in M3's with BC and HSD, good on track but were absolutely shocking on the road ride quality wise in comparison to KW and Nitron.

it's hard to tell with Coilovers, Tegiwa recommended these because these are what they use on their Civics, but i couldn't post in to ask could i because look what happens when i do.

the only thing they said was dont fit anti-sway bars for the street, because that and the coilovers would definitely kill it...........we'll see ! if this doesn't work, we'll try something else....

Last edited:
Soldato
Hardly surprising that when you say your family wanted you to 'sort out' your long journey only, mostly motorway usage Honda Jazz that probably just needed wheel alignment or something doing, that people are disparaging when it comes to coil overs, brake upgrades and new wheels.

You'd have received less **** taking if you'd never mentioned the guff about your family needing it sorted for the motorway and simply said you wanted to tune it as a bit of a project / entertainment.

OcUK Staff
OP
NO, mine is the 2012 Jazz

it's hard to tell with Coilovers, Tegiwa recommended these because these are what they track with on their Civics, but i couldn't post in to ask could i because look what happens when i do.

Because Yellow sponsor them and they are only for their track only cars, but I've never driven a yellow coilover equipped car on road so I can't comment and though I think they are Asian, they are Taiwanese so the quality is somewhat better than the cheaper Chinese options.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because Yellow sponsor them and they are only for their track only cars, but I've never driven a yellow coilover equipped car on market so I can't comment and though I think they are Asian, they are Taiwanese so the quality is somewhat better than the cheaper Chinese options.

yea well, we'll soon find out.... car wont be touched till next weekend, i'm getting desperate so many jobs to do on it............and look at it, freezing cold and peeing with rain.

Back
Top Bottom