There is hope yet !!

Soldato
Wife and I had to go to the big city near us - Well it's big to us and while we were there decided to do our weekly shop at Morrisons rather than small local one.
Being bigger we had trouble finding things so I asked this nice young assistant "Can you tell me where the fresh meat counter is please" Her eyes went blank for a second then lit up "Do you mean the stuff you cook yourself"- Yes you got it :(

Oh my God :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Wife and I had to go to the big city near us - Well it's big to us and while we were there decided to do our weekly shop at Morrisons rather than small local one.
Being bigger we had trouble finding things so I asked this nice young assistant "Can you tell me where the fresh meat counter is please" Her eyes went blank for a second then lit up "Do you mean the stuff you cook yourself"- Yes you got it :(

Oh my God :rolleyes:

Maybe if you weren't so big you wouldn't have had trouble finding things.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of doing a big shop in an unfamiliar supermarket either. It takes far too long.

A useful survival tip I picked up is that the meat aisles run from the butcher's counter, which is usually on the rear wall.

Soldato
^ Same with cream crackers.

In Morrisons they're on the biscuit aisle but not in Tesco, o no. In Tesco they're on a different one (snacks? Edit: they're actually on the aisle marked "Cereals". Cereals! :rolleyes:).

It's complete anarchy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fruit and veg near the entrance. Meat isles next. Meat counter on the side wall near the meat isles. Cereals / drink / fresh bread all away from the entrance.

Is this not the universal supermarket rule?

Soldato
OK, so where would custard be? Dairy aisle? Dessert aisle? Baking aisle, perhaps?
Nope, it's next to cereal in our local.

The signs only work if the people working there know what they're doing.

I wasn’t replying to someone who wanted to find custard, you’re asking a completely new question.

Back
Top Bottom