Only 24 hours until my new car arrives....it's a GTR!

Soldato
OP
So to give a little background info on this purchase. I've been looking for a C63 replacement for the last 2 months or so. I've driven a wide range of cars:

- AMG GTC
- Lamborghini Huracan
- Audi R8 V10 Plus
- Honda NSX
- Nissan GT-R

Originally I went to drive the AMG GTC, which was great but felt a little "more of the same" VS the C63 I already had and didn't seem to be worth the £££ for me.

The Huracan was totally amazing but it comes with too many comprises for me right now. Also the level of money we are talking is bordering on insane. A dream car which I can work up to one day.

Naturally the R8 V10+ followed being extremely similar than the Huracan and actually better in some ways. However poor dealership experience and the lack of the "x factor" steered me away from the R8.

SO back to my roots in Jap cars I looked at the NSX. I fell in love with these when I first saw the unveil at the 2012 Geneva show with my dad. Sadly examples are few & far between and has received mixed reviews all round. A test drive confirmed that whilst an amazing car to drive, it just couldn't justify the £100K+ tag to me. Noise & lack of dealer support (only 2 NSX honda dealerships and they are both in London!)

I got thinking about the GTR after initially dismissing it as being an older car design. Although if it ain;t broke? However the similarity to the NSX is there, at least on paper, and being the best of the bunch to drive I thought it was worth a shot. V6, twin turbo, 4WD, Japanese icons, check.

Reading about the model year changes of the GTR went a big way to convince me, the MY17 update being the biggest overall with a new focus on refinement & a desperately needed interior overhaul.

A test drive later I came away wondering if I'd stepped out of the NSX. It's a car you feel you can drive via telepathy, it just flows. The search was on for a MY 17 spec car and I found one rather quickly in Katsura Ornage and a deal was done. One week later and here I am! Car specs below:

- MY 17 GTR Prestige Black
- 570PS 3.8 V6 Twin turbo
- 6 Speed DCT
- AWD
- 12500 miles
- Warranty Until 2020
- Service package until 2020

A few semi-dirty iphone pictures below after I'd been hooning around.

46224341164_95c52c6313_b.jpg

46224341384_d34e6be5cf_b.jpg

46224361074_ab0f5aa0f1_b.jpg

46224341504_1c7beed2eb_b.jpg

46224338784_41c31ea243_b.jpg

[
46224338524_732e6da7fb_b.jpg

33073428188_8614fdfa7e_b.jpg

Man of Honour
Originally I went to drive the AMG GTC, which was great but felt a little "more of the same" VS the C63 I already had and didn't seem to be worth the £££ for me.

Naturally the R8 V10+ followed being extremely similar than the Huracan and actually better in some ways. However poor dealership experience and the lack of the "x factor" steered me away from the R8.

Needs to be the AMG GT-R

And

Sadly in my experience Audi dealers are some of the poorest out there. They seem to be so overwhelmed that they are Audi and work for the brand they don't have time for those who can actually buy their halo car. It is the biggest disappointment of R8 ownership when compared to other high end performance cars. Audi by and large just don't get it but "aren't we awesome" and "you should be honoured that we let you sit in a special area with a Nespresso".

Enjoy the Nee Son

Soldato
OP
Says an awful lot about it’s ability given what you had on your list!

Enjoy. :)

Indeed! The old girl still kicks aha.

So whens its into Litchfields? :D

Not for awhile I'm sure.

Awesome looking car and a great colour.

It's No Honda Jazz though :D

This is true.

Needs to be the AMG GT-R

And

Sadly in my experience Audi dealers are some of the poorest out there. They seem to be so overwhelmed that they are Audi and work for the brand they don't have time for those who can actually buy their halo car. It is the biggest disappointment of R8 ownership when compared to other high end performance cars. Audi by and large just don't get it but "aren't we awesome" and "you should be honoured that we let you sit in a special area with a Nespresso".

Enjoy the Nee Son

Yes agree. My experience is worthy of a whole other thread but I was issued an apology after a formal complaint went in.

Looks ace and wheels are spot on, they compliment the orange perfectly.

Just enjoy as it is, don't mess with it. :)

Cheers mate.

Now I just need to figure out what all the menus do!

Oh and who's @ donington on the 27th Feb?

I will be there in the GTR :cool:

OcUK Staff
Indeed! The old girl still kicks aha.

Not for awhile I'm sure.

This is true.

Yes agree. My experience is worthy of a whole other thread but I was issued an apology after a formal complaint went in.

Cheers mate.

Now I just need to figure out what all the menus do!

Oh and who's @ donington on the 27th Feb?

I will be there in the GTR :cool:

Alcon finally shipped me new bells today for M3, so if they solve the brake issue, then who knows. :)

Back
Top Bottom