*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
From google it says Tegra x2 would only bring memory improvements, Is this like IPC? And the Shield has the same cpu but runs 50% or so faster. I guess this is because it is bigger with better cooling but i think it currently very simple to change to X2 go from 4gb to 8gb memory and utilise the bandwidth improvement and overclock things more.

It takes literally unplugging the internal fan to shutdown at 66c. And you know that would sell well with a larger screen. Lets say a bezel free 1080p screen to boot. And bam theres an XL version without going to Tegra X3.

"The 16nm X2 tegra Parker Switch iteration could give us 2x CPU, 2X the bandwidth, 2X the RAM(4GB to 8GB), and 1.9x the GPU performance using the same TDP wattage as the current switch in docked mode, and half the TDP wattage (from 15 to 7.5 watts) with up to 2x the battery life, in the best case scenario."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...a-pretty-significant-performance-boost.29013/

Nintendo chose, as the have done since post-GameGube, to go for the value option. There're just not interested in competing on performance and aim to make a profit on hardware rather than recouping hardware losses through software like with the Sony/MS console strategy.

The most you will see from a Switch Pro is docked performance in handheld mode. They're not going to fracture their market, although I would really like to see the Switch 2 have full backwards compatibility with the Switch software, even if it's only digital titles.

Soldato
just been trying out wargroove and it is really really fun, if any one likes the gba advance war games get it.

it is medieval fantasy instead of tanks and planes though but really feels like advance wars and it has local and online multiplayer plus you can make your own missions and campaigns and download other peoples one's :)

edit: sd card question i have borrowed one of my dads spare 64 gig cards when i got the switch and got a 128 gig one coming later, so the question is, is it a simple case of copying every thing to my pc then copying it back to the bigger card?

got a usb 3 micro sd card reader that arrived earlier just for this task and the new mem card should be here later today, just want to double check im doing it right.

got a new screen protector that arrived same time as the card reader and im highly impressed so far.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XTCKBVM?ref_=pe_3187911_248764861_302_E_DDE_dt_1

gonna try and apply the second one to my dad's switch later when im sober lol

we had screen protectors bought from game for double the price and to be honest they really sucked, i can't even notice theres a screen protector on it now every thing is so vivid and the screen is responsive plus no air bubbles yay happy with that and only 4 quid for 2 of them, had to reposition it a bit as i didn't quite get it right on but both times i just let it drop and watched the massive air bubbles disapear as it fitted on, then i applied pressure :D

started xeno blade 2 earlier and its starting to get interesting love the switch :)

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure about copying files over from one sd card to another on the switch, but it used to work on the 3ds.

Try taking out the old card putting in the new one activating it on the switch then copy your files over from the old card.

Hope this helps?

Cheers all

Soldato
So you think its inferior to the official Nintendo one? I don't mind shelling out but the main reason I bought the switch was for Zelda. Im using my Ps4 DS at the mo using 8bitDo and its fine but I want the pro so ill buy on payday.

Caporegime
I can't say I've used the Hori one but I've got 2 of the Official Pro ones, they are really fantastic. :) - I'd bet that the Hori pad would feel worse than the DS4 though.

Get the proper one :)

Caporegime
I got my 8bitdo dongle yesterday and really pleased with it. Just need to get used to the fact that circle is 'ok' when on PS4 it's usually back.

got my dongle yesterday - not used it yet but it was me that posted all the info and video up. glad to see people are liking it. saved me £40 so glad it's helping others to save cash which can go on games.

Back
Top Bottom