****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
Well I've been playing with the new carriers and they sux big time. I watched the videos, I did some training in the training rooms and they have totally gimped them. T6 is now like playing old T7 and T8 where as if you approach a ship, any ship, and Destroyers seem to be the worst then it just wipes out your squadron in seconds. There is something dodgy with the minimap too I was flying towards a BB then all of a sudden I get hit with AA no ship showing then a Destroyer appears below me without smoke and I my planes get wiped yet it never appeared on the minimap. I've also seen a ship be in (A) and when I fly towards it all of a sudden it jumps on the minimap to the other side of the mountain, this was on Co-op with only one enemy left so it wasnt like I had seen a 2nd ship.

Man these carriers are depressing. Easiest way to combat planes is just travel in pairs, not matter how bad your AA is you will wipe out the squadrons no problem. They've just ruined it completely. Makes me almost want to just sell my carriers.

Just been over to read forums at WarGaming and plenty of people upset with the new update from both side of the fence, those who liked carriers and those who hated them and hate them more. Destroyers use to be the tyrant of Carriers can now be easily destroyed with the new Rocket planes.

Last edited:
Soldato
CV hating post

I was kind of afraid to hear this. Haven't played since the update, and I'm not a CV driver at all but it looks at first glance that they've gimped some of my favourite AA wagons - especially the Texas, but it sounds more like they've just made a total hash of it really.

I'm glad of the commander skill free reset period, but I might sink commander skills into areas other than AA, especially if everyone hates driving CV's so there'll be even less of them around!

Soldato
I've been reading further and apparently you can dodge AA by as soon as you see the tracer fire hit S or your slow down key and the AA misses you, alternatively just do a 2 point turn in an arc either left or right and the AA misses you also as you approach. To be honest there seems to be as much anger from non CV players as CV players.

Soldato
Been having a bit more success. Hitting slowdown just as the first wave of AA is hitting definitely saves your planes. Then make a turn either left or right and arc round more of my planes are surviving. We were losing quite badly and I took out a battleship at full health with my torpedo planes then took out a cruiser with my bombers and noticed someone else just got two more and in end took it to the wire and won.

One thing I've noticed that has not been cottoned onto now is its very easy to go CV hunting with your planes. Just head up the map do a bit of recon then go look for the enemy CV and attack it, yes it has AA but if you dodge it you can take them out quite easily. Before you had to worry about the fighters but not really anymore. No ones done the same to me yet.

On the flip side it is very annoying when someone targets you who has found out how to play the new CV as they really harass you but again you can tell who hasnt as I was in a DD and this guy kept attacking me with rockets bombs and torps and I wasnt really trying to dodge them and they just kept missing.

Associate
they dont work if you've already used them.
Torpedo gave me a new mission with tasks, Humblexxx gave me the camo, I already had the flag.
I haven't used the torpedo code and I got a code not valid message when trying to redeem it (unless it's restricted to EU only since I tried to redeem it on my NA server account).

Soldato
Have revisited the game after a 12/14 month hiatus, played a couple of days with the new CV system and immediately took the opportunity to dump them and run with Free XP trade in. I used to love driving CVs but now it just feels like a bad arcade game within the game :(

On the upside I've found a new love for my Fiji, don't know why but this time it's just clicked for me, thankfully I still love my Murmansk auto firestarter (RIP Keith Flint :() as well :D

Soldato
Hit my 2 year anniversary yesterday, got sent a 30% voucher for the store. Might grab 3 months of premium for ~£16 so that I can make some money and power through the Buffalo quicker. I just want a single tier 10 ship so I can guarantee that I can jump into a fight sometimes and not be uptiered! :p Des Moines looks a damn good ship too!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
My son asked me to play WoWS again over the weekend, so I picked up my account again that I've not used for 3 years.
Sure, still looks nice, and plays well.
Unfortunately, still utterly infested with just too many utterly braindead players, making random games an utter lottery as to whether or not you win.

Having had two runs in two days of 80% losses, despite performing well, I'm out again.
I'll happily play with him in coop (which is where he wishes to play), but otherwise, no thanks.

Associate
Does this game fully support a 3440X1440 resolution. I can see 21:9 aspect ratio in the settings but not this resolution is this res only available by losing some of the top and bottom of the picture?

Soldato
Does this game fully support a 3440X1440 resolution. I can see 21:9 aspect ratio in the settings but not this resolution is this res only available by losing some of the top and bottom of the picture?
Fully supports it, that aspect ratio dropdown is a weird one though. Auto does something different to 21:9 whilst running in said resolution, can't tell which is actually accurate! :p Either way the game looks great in that resolution, if there is top and bottom cropping you'd not notice it due to the nature of the game and the HUD works perfectly.

Soldato
Got a new player in the game, but don't think I can invite him to the clan myself.

If whoever's commander could send him an invite that'd be awesome - he's: Myrmidon19

Cheers. Also, Akizuki is a MONSTER! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom