Which fan?

Soldato
Desperately need to replace a fan on my AIO (Antec Kuler).

I believe fans which are optimised for high static pressure are good?

Could some one point me in the direction of the ones to buy in the mid-high cost range?

Do you want them to be quiet as well? If so i cant recommend the Arctic P series enough, great static pressure and VERY quiet. Also Phanteks are supposed to be really well regarded, quiet with great performance.

Soldato
OP
Do you want them to be quiet as well? If so i cant recommend the Arctic P series enough, great static pressure and VERY quiet. Also Phanteks are supposed to be really well regarded, quiet with great performance.
Quiet is good.

Could you link one? There seems to be a few. I need 120mm.

Thanks for the help .

Soldato
Desperately need to replace a fan on my AIO (Antec Kuler).

I believe fans which are optimised for high static pressure are good?

Could some one point me in the direction of the ones to buy in the mid-high cost range?
I'm assuming you want 120mm fans as I think all Antec CLCs use 120mm fans. If you are only going to replace one fan and CLC has more than 1 fan it would be advisable to either replace all fans with same model or replace the bad one with same model as other fans being used.

Fans Grandmaster Fap! suggested are both good. PH-F120MP specs are 53.3cfm, 1.72mm H2O & 1800rpm and Arctic P12 are 56cfm, 2.2mm H2O & 1800rpm so similar with Arctic P12 being a little better as well as lower priced. I have used PH-F120MP and found them to be very nice fans. I have not used Arctic P12 but others that have like them a lot. I have used Arctic F series 90mm and 120mm and found them to quite good, especially considering their low price. They are almost as good as fans costing 3-5 times more money.

PH-F120MP in 2-packs are £14.99 (£7.50 each) and 3-packs are £26.00 (£8.67 each).
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/two-...120mm-fan-radiator-performance-bu-002-pt.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...120mm-fan-radiator-performance-bu-001-pt.html

Arctic P12 is £5.99.
Arctic P12 PWM PST is £5.95. PST has female fan connector so fans can be daisy-chained together instead of each needing a fan header.

Soldato
OP
Thanks both.

Will order the arctic tomorrow. Agreed I have push pull on the radiator so will buy two and get the daisy chain option. I haven't checked but I presume the ones I have are as they plug into a controller of the cooler.

Good price too..was looking at some for 15-20 and thought that seemed ridiculous.

Soldato
OP
I'm assuming you want 120mm fans as I think all Antec CLCs use 120mm fans. If you are only going to replace one fan and CLC has more than 1 fan it would be advisable to either replace all fans with same model or replace the bad one with same model as other fans being used.

Fans Grandmaster Fap! suggested are both good. PH-F120MP specs are 53.3cfm, 1.72mm H2O & 1800rpm and Arctic P12 are 56cfm, 2.2mm H2O & 1800rpm so similar with Arctic P12 being a little better as well as lower priced. I have used PH-F120MP and found them to be very nice fans. I have not used Arctic P12 but others that have like them a lot. I have used Arctic F series 90mm and 120mm and found them to quite good, especially considering their low price. They are almost as good as fans costing 3-5 times more money.

PH-F120MP in 2-packs are £14.99 (£7.50 each) and 3-packs are £26.00 (£8.67 each).
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/two-...120mm-fan-radiator-performance-bu-002-pt.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...120mm-fan-radiator-performance-bu-001-pt.html

Arctic P12 is £5.99.
Arctic P12 PWM PST is £5.95. PST has female fan connector so fans can be daisy-chained together instead of each needing a fan header.
Went down today and got the 2x phanteks.

Slightly wider that my Corsair, so to get them attached through the case roof fan mount and into the radiator took some persuasion, screw wasn't long enough. Had to remove the rubber dampers from one side of the fan to make the screw get though.

It's so tight there is no vibration, so all good.

AHH the sound of a fan with no rattle....

Soldato
Sorry to jump in, what's the difference between the F and the P on the Arctic cooling fans? Looking for PWM 2 x140 intakes and 1 X 120 mm exhaust, just case fans no rads or anything for a Meshify C

Thanks

Soldato
Sorry to jump in, what's the difference between the F and the P on the Arctic cooling fans? Looking for PWM 2 x140 intakes and 1 X 120 mm exhaust, just case fans no rads or anything for a Meshify C

Thanks
F = air Flow, P = static air Pressure.

There used to be the idea that fans were either good at creating airflow for case intake/exhaust, or good at overcoming resistance (like a radiator or heatsink fins) by creating pressure. In reality, all fans have to overcome some form of resistance so a balance is usually preferable. The Arctic P12 series was just released but F12 have been a trusty budget option for years :)

Edit: generally, fans with lots of skinny blades or a strong rake (blade angle) will be inclined towards airflow, assuming no resistance. Bigger flatter blades tend to produce more pressure by attempting to compress a small volume of air together. You can see it; compare Corsair SP120s with AF120s

Soldato
F = air Flow, P = static air Pressure.

There used to be the idea that fans were either good at creating airflow for case intake/exhaust, or good at overcoming resistance (like a radiator or heatsink fins) by creating pressure. In reality, all fans have to overcome some form of resistance so a balance is usually preferable. The Arctic P12 series was just released but F12 have been a trusty budget option for years :)

Ok great thanks, I like the sound and the price of these!

So if I go F for exhaust and P for intakes due to filter then or just F all round will be fine?

Soldato
Ok great thanks, I like the sound and the price of these!

So if I go F for exhaust and P for intakes due to filter then or just F all round will be fine?
Your first idea sounds like a good one, I'd try that. Some people recommend pressure for intake and I'd be inclined to agree. I'm planning on all P12s on my upcoming build :)

Soldato
While I have not tested or used new Arctic P series, the information on internet indicates the P series are a little better than F series. If I was buying Arctic fans it would be P series. ;)

'Air flow' fans versus 'pressure' fans is mostly advertising hype. For air to flow there has to be a pressure differential. Air flows from higher pressure area into lower pressure area, so if there is not pressure differential there is no airflow.

In our uses of fans we always have resistance .. grill, filter, fins, cables, HDD cage, etc. all create resistance to airflow.

Soldato
Ok so P series all round then!

There are two types of P PWM, one of them is called PWM PST Co

I get the PWM PST bit but the Co apparently stands for Constant Usage or something like that but I'm sure its rated at less than the None-Co version in terms of service life

Back
Top Bottom