What would you like to be famous for?

Soldato
Or to put it another way, what do you admire so much of the things that have been successful in life that you wish you had done or created, or indeed still wish to achieve? Some examples.

A body of work in literature where you become world renowned for a major bestseller like Harry Potter.

The person that makes a major medical breakthrough and furthers mankind such as discovering DNA, penicillin.

Writing an incredible song or body of music that becomes legendary and known and sung by everyone for years if not forever.

Starring in a legendary movie like The Godfather or Taxi driver.

Becoming a legendary sportsperson like Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, Michael Phelps, Pele or Mohammed Ali.

Changing technology forever like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg did.

Changing the way we buy and sell such as creating platforms like Amazon and eBay.

Or anything else you can think of. For me personally, I can think of nothing better than writing a song that everyone in the world loves.

I can't imagine what it must feel like to have written a Beatles song, or the epic American Pie, a Queen song like Radio Gaga, something by Michael Jackson, or anything that even becomes something of an anthem, knowing that everyone is singing the words and notes that were created just from your head.

Or if you think about Harry Potter, look at what an empire that's become, and yet it came from the head of a woman simply with pen and paper over coffee in some little cafe in Scotland.

Of course, many of the people who succeed at these incredible things seem to have no or very little ego or desire to be famous.

I think for me and many others though it would be hard to achieve these things and not enjoy the way it feeds your ego and not enjoy the fame it brings. I don't think there's anything wrong with that either, as long as it's kept in check and it doesn't turn you into a person that's full of himself.

Associate
Brutally slaughtering the entire cast of TOWIE.
159.gif

Soldato
My biggest dream was always contributing in some way towards solving the fusion power problem; limitless, cheap energy and the unleashing of all sorts of potential for civilisation. Turns out the only fusion I'm in danger of contributing to is between my backside and the sofa.

More realistically, I envy folk like the Lennon & McCartney who have written a few songs which could well last as long as civilisation. Or the end of the century, whichever comes first.

Caporegime
Some scientific breakthrough, be it relating to curing something such as cancer, or something in physics for example...ways had a interest, just never devoted any time to learning anything like it really.

Oh, find a new planet that's habitable

Back
Top Bottom