The Official Samsung Galaxy Tab S Thread

Soldato
I really want one but they are still £220 from Amazon, really expensive for a year old 8.4" tablet.

I guess the next version coming out soon should bump the price down, but then I'll want the new one.

Was a lot better when they did the cashback trade in offer, Think my mothers one turned out to be around £140 after trading in her old 10.1.

Have had the update notification for a bit but haven't had the time to actually update it via kies, may do it this weekend.

Soldato
Yeah agreed... Plus having physical buttons on an android tablet is idiotic. Only thing they got right is the aspect ratio but that aside I'm very happy I went with the Z4 tablet and didn't wait to see what the S2 was like.

Caporegime
Soldato
Just picked up a Tab S 10.5 to replace my aging Asus TF300T and what an improvement. Don't need all the crap that comes with it but not going to root it yet. I've also got the bluetooth keyboard so can anyone recommend a case for it all?

Soldato
anyone still running one of these ?

my Netflix and Amazon Prime seem to have reverted to SD now - tried Netflix test video etc and caps out at 540p

anyone else have this issue

checked DRM and Tablet passes Widevine L1

non-rooted

any ideasa please ?

Associate
anyone still running one of these ?

my Netflix and Amazon Prime seem to have reverted to SD now - tried Netflix test video etc and caps out at 540p

anyone else have this issue

checked DRM and Tablet passes Widevine L1

non-rooted

any ideasa please ?

Still using mine and going strong.

No issues with Netflix, plays in HD fine.

Stock also.

Associate
We still have the 10.5 and 8.4. Both work OK(ish) and have been rooted with Resurrection Remix (Nougat). However RR still doesn't fix the poor battery calibration that was present from new. You can recalibrate the batteries by removing them every couple of months (that's how little time it takes for the calibration to fail), holding down the power button with the battery disconnected then reconnect and reboot. If you do this a number of times that battery will eventually zero and after a full recharge will gain the 'lost' 20-25% although by now the batteries are also suffering from the normal Li-on degradation.

The OLED screen is still fantastic 4 years on.

The house is full of tablets as I have a severe allergy to Colophonium which can be present in printing inks used in Newspapers and Magazines as well as trace amounts in recycled paper so rely on them 100%.

Soldato
Yeah I still use my 8.4 for Netflix and YouTube. No issues with HD.

Did you have an update or something.

I used to be able to do 1440p on YouTube, but can't do so as they changed the codec and the old SoC is not supported.

Soldato
thanks for replies - gave me confidence something wrong at my end

to update thread - I've solved the problem

not sure if it is because I flashed NZ firmware when 6.01 came out as came out earlier than UK - or because not running completely latest firmware

but I downloaded latest UK BTU - did clean flash - and now Netflix and Amazon Prime playing in HD

Back
Top Bottom