How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Associate
Guaranteed your hair looks DIY. Even a barber gets someone else to cut their hair. Self-barbering is a skill you shouldn't have, like self-dentistry.

To be fair there have been times, especially in the early days, where it went a bit wrong, but practice makes perfect (almost - always a learning experience).

Since doing my own hair I also spent quite a while working on the doors, where there's always plenty of 'bantz' and enormous exposure to strangers whose inhibitions have been seriously lowered. They never seem to be afraid to start making relatively personal comments / asking personal questions - the kind of talk that tends not to happen in normal jobs/settings with people you've just met. If I was sporting a dodgy barnet/DIY-look, I believe I could've expected some to let slip a comment about it.

I'm a "self stylist" (ok, buzz-cut/skinhead :D) too, but only with clippers. Fair play to you learning to cut your hair with scissors using a mirror. :eek: Do you still have both ears?

Yeah, no injuries lol. I think it's only remotely possible to cut your own hair with an adjustable 3 way mirror in excellent lighting, preferably with an extra hand held mirror. You've basically got a 360 degree view available. I'm fortunate enough that I have a large bathroom that happens to be well suited to it. If I had to move somewhere with just a modern-style flat bathroom mirror taking up the main wall, I'd be in trouble.

Soldato
Paid £12.50 yesterday. Showed the guy a picture of what I wanted. Came out with the most generic unstyled haircut ever. He didn't even attempt to make it look like the picture, even when he put the wax in at the end!

I might start going to a hairdresser instead because it's getting on my nerves. Yes I'm vain.

Caporegime
Paid £12.50 yesterday. Showed the guy a picture of what I wanted. Came out with the most generic unstyled haircut ever. He didn't even attempt to make it look like the picture, even when he put the wax in at the end!

I might start going to a hairdresser instead because it's getting on my nerves. Yes I'm vain.

Call him Mr.Raider call him Mr.Wrong
Call him Mr.Vain
Call him Mr.Raider call him Mr.wrong
Call him Mr.vain
He'd say: I know what I want
And I want it now
I want you cause I'm Mr.Vain
I know what I want and I want it now
Call me Mr.Raider call me Mr.Wrong
Call me insance call me Mr.Vain
Call me what ya like
As long as you call me time and again
Fell the prensence of the aura
Of the man none to compare
Loveless dying
For a just to touch a hand
Or a moment to share
Can't deny the urge thet makes them
Want to lose themselves to the debonair one
Hold me back the simple fact is
That I'm all that and I'm always near
One sexy can't perplex me now
You know who'raw
As if you didn't know before
I want you then I want a little more
Call him Mr.Raider call him Mr.Wrong
Call him Mr.Vain
Call him Mr.Raider call him Mr.wrong
Call him Mr.vain
He'd say: I know what I want
And I want it now
Girls are all over the world
They hope and pray and die for men
Like me cause I'm the one
Begotten son that breaks the mold
Get a look at male epitome
Style has never seen
That makes you want to grab and hold
And squeeze real tight
Whose gonna be the one to save
You from yourself
When you want to take a bite
Please oh baby please
You beg you want to stay
You got to get some caught
Up in the charm that I laid on thick
And now there's nowhere
To run on the hook of my line
Yeah I keep many females
Longing for a chance to win my heart
Whit sex and plenty

Soldato
Been shaving my head for about 10 years now, love it. If only I could get laser eye surgery I'd be wind and rain proof.

Prior to that I think it was about £7.. was a while ago though and I had a bloody awful parting in the middle so I guess you could say i paid for what I got.

Back
Top Bottom