• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ebay 4770k...

Permabanned
i just picked up a very cheap CPU of ebay.
Listed as...

4770k Working but delidded... he go's onto say he will not take responsibility for user damage
See if you can spot why its not working, i will not even bother putting it in a motherboard.

IMG-20190202-151758.jpg

Any idea what could do that damage in the length of the die, thats got to take some force

Soldato
probable used a vice to delid it and either held onto the PCB instead of the IHS or hit the core on the follow through. Might of even tried a direct mount and over tightened the cooler.

Either way at least you can return it as it was ebay, they will always side with you as the buyer

Permabanned
OP
Soldato
I would say he's made it flex in a vice, the silicon is a crystal so will not bend - it'll just snap/crack. It's a good effort, almost exactly across the middle of the die.

Soldato
it dose cover the full length of the die

Is the green substrate bent? If you follow the crack to the end of the package does it look bent when you look at the edge end on?

Either way start up a dispute and send it back, the fact they used a stick photo will help you as they were actively avoiding showing the actual cpu to the buyer of the auction.

Associate
If you are ever buying a product on ebay and they use a stock image i would always ask for pictures to be taken and if they refuse.. Well it speaks for itself.

Associate
Open up a case
Request return label paid my seller
And send it back as not described
Got a Xeon 1225 v3 and the back was missing components
Sent it back and he relists it???

Edit:
capacitors and resistors

Last edited:
Soldato
Last time I opened a case on eBay for a CPU (sold a 5820k that was remarked 5960x and DOA), intel confirmed it was a fake and the seller ignored me then when eBay refunded me he threatened to burn my house down. Got to love eBay ;)

Associate
Last time I opened a case on eBay for a CPU (sold a 5820k that was remarked 5960x and DOA), intel confirmed it was a fake and the seller ignored me then when eBay refunded me he threatened to burn my house down. Got to love eBay ;)

Need a thread just for ebay stories if there isn't one .. Some stories are amazing

Associate
there are a lot of scams using paypal
paypal are trying to keep them in check
but at the end of the day it is the cost of business
Alienating the customer is what they do not want so they usually take the financial hit

Back
Top Bottom