In the market for a new motor - up to £20k

Soldato
2 adults and 2 children and after a new motor with a budget of approx £20k.

We currently have a Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI after recommendations from here and have to say that was a great shout.

Obviously trying to get best bang for buck and am looking at another Superb or Octavia, Passatt, A4 etc, but open to suggestions. I will only do be doing short commutes, so a petrol will be sufficient.

Also, has anyone used these sites before:

https://www.drivethedeal.com/ (looks like a decent deal on the Octavia through them)

https://www.forcescarsdirect.com/ (click on https://www.forcescarsdirect.com/special-offers/monthly-offers - does the Qashqai look a decent?)

Soldato
Don't forget to look at carwow. Then see what dealers can do locally to match them, or see what newish card they have in stock with limited miles on.

Why get a new car, are you just wanting something more modern, better tech etc?

Soldato
OP
Don't forget to look at carwow. Then see what dealers can do locally to match them, or see what newish card they have in stock with limited miles on.

Why get a new car, are you just wanting something more modern, better tech etc?

Current motor is a 61 plate which we got when it was 1yrs old, so we've had it about 7 years? Great motor and no issues at all with it except fancy something newer - i had 2 x Titanium X Panther Black one after the other as i liked them so much!

Associate
Assuming you want an automatic on these sort of cars?

Passat se business 1.5dsg is pretty well specced for under £20k if you can deal with a 4 month lead time.

Soldato
OP
Assuming you want an automatic on these sort of cars?

Passat se business 1.5dsg is pretty well specced for under £20k if you can deal with a 4 month lead time.

Why auto? Always had manual, not really used an auto!!

4 month lead time is fine with me as in no rush - where did you see this at?

Associate
Auto on the basis they aren't really cars you drive for excitement and an auto is less effort to drive.

Try drive the deal / coast2coast etc.

Associate
I recently took delivery of the Karoq in the SEL Trim DSG 1.5 spec.

I got a great deal for about £22K new. Took 8 weeks to order and deliver as the SEL spec is pretty well specced. Forget the 1.0 , get the 1.5.

If you went for the manual that’s at least £1K off and not to mention the PCP contributions of £1450 at the moment.

Soldato
OP
I looked at the Karoq and it looks great, unfortunately out of my budget though :(

I have managed to get my local Skoda dealer to price match DTD and they are offering an Octavia 1.5 SE L for £17227. Adding a couple of extras i would like bumps it to £17996.

Comes with 2 years servicing and 3 years AA. Also has £2500 Skoda deposit which is dependent on finance - i plan to take this but pay it off the same/next day.

Any thoughts? Decent buy?

Associate
I have managed to get my local Skoda dealer to price match DTD and they are offering an Octavia 1.5 SE L for £17227. Adding a couple of extras i would like bumps it to £17996.

Any thoughts? Decent buy?

There is a known issue with the 1.5tsi with a manual gearbox. Search for 1.5 tsi kangooring as there are a lot of complaints online.

Back
Top Bottom