Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Man of Honour
Could not disagree more. Loved it! I love backtracking to get access to stuff I could not before :D
CV felt like this to me: go to the points in alphabetical order

g - e - c - a - b - d - f - h

There was a lot more back and forth than just explore one large building at a time. That dawned on me when playing them all through a couple of years ago. Weirdly, the 3D visuals look worse than the pre-rendered backgrounds now, even though I remember being blown away by the CV cutscenes at the time. Ah, the Dreamcast days :)

Soldato
I've just entered NEST with LEON. However, i was getting suspicious as i had low ammo and almost the same weapons i had from the start - i knew i must have missed something!

The interrogation room is accessible once you have the Club key
Get the box
Use the jewel from the sceptre on the box
examine the STARs badge
Use USB in STARs office - get the Magnum!
Use the STARs badge just before you enter the sewers on the glass display cabinet

Fortunately, you are able to backtrack to RPD once you get the T-Bar. There you can pick up the items AND you can find 2 x hidden items by developing film (and a nice pic of Rebecca Chambers)

(also, don't forget the Chemical weapon as it comes in useful in the botany area).

Amazing game, had some real poop moments searching the hallways with the flashlight out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to call it a day with RE2! Enjoyed the first playthrough for the most part, but retreading similar ground in the B scenario isn't too compelling and it's dropped off for me.

Still would rate it pretty highly, just wish it was focused on the horror aspect a bit more. the Tyrant is just an annoyance rather than a cause of dread etc. It just caused me to have Can leave areas where I had a puzzle to solve, just to run far enough to lose him, then make my way back

Soldato
I've just entered NEST with LEON. However, i was getting suspicious as i had low ammo and almost the same weapons i had from the start - i knew i must have missed something!

The interrogation room is accessible once you have the Club key
Get the box
Use the jewel from the sceptre on the box
examine the STARs badge
Use USB in STARs office - get the Magnum!
Use the STARs badge just before you enter the sewers on the glass display cabinet

Fortunately, you are able to backtrack to RPD once you get the T-Bar. There you can pick up the items AND you can find 2 x hidden items by developing film (and a nice pic of Rebecca Chambers)

(also, don't forget the Chemical weapon as it comes in useful in the botany area).

Amazing game, had some real poop moments searching the hallways with the flashlight out.

I have entered NEST as well with Leon, I think I have all the weapons and added parts, but I'm also very low on ammo, I was trying to save my mag ammo but used it on a boss earlier.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
4th survivor is bonkers in this.
Yeah, I died 10+ times by the time I managed it. Need to run past most things, otherwise no chance. I did not even kill one zombie in the start of the sewers, I just run past them, need those bullets later on ;)

Also when lots of zombies, a nicely place grenade clears them out. But place it wrong and you miss half them. I was relived when I finally finish that mode. Now Tofu mode, that is something else. I tried it once and I know that is beyond my skill unless I watch a run through on youtube, but can’t be asked. Never was a fan of tofu anyway.

Soldato
I have entered NEST as well with Leon, I think I have all the weapons and added parts, but I'm also very low on ammo, I was trying to save my mag ammo but used it on a boss earlier.

For Leon i have:
  • Mag - barrel and laser sight
  • Shotgun - stock and long barrel
  • Pistol - stock, high capacity mag and muzzle
  • Chemical Weapon - regulator and 400 extra fuel from hidden drawer.

Caporegime
Yeah, I died 10+ times by the time I managed it. Need to run past most things, otherwise no chance. I did not even kill one zombie in the start of the sewers, I just run past them, need those bullets later on ;)

Also when lots of zombies, a nicely place grenade clears them out. But place it wrong and you miss half them. I was relived when I finally finish that mode. Now Tofu mode, that is something else. I tried it once and I know that is beyond my skill unless I watch a run through on youtube, but can’t be asked. Never was a fan of tofu anyway.

I managed to finish it on the 2nd run at around 12 minutes but absolutely you have to pick and choose your fights. Not sure how I managed it, must've been hit twice whilst on red in the final underpass.

If Tofu is basically the same thing but with a knife, **** that :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I managed to finish it on the 2nd run at around 12 minutes but absolutely you have to pick and choose your fights. Not sure how I managed it, must've been hit twice whilst on red in the final underpass.

If Tofu is basically the same thing but with a knife, **** that :p
I actually was not that far to complete it on my first run as I recall, then after that I kept messing up trying different things and failing. But eventually worked out which pathing to take to avoiding using any ammo. Then save it and blow of zombies heads with a shotgun towards then end as I was being chased :p

I did mine in 11:24 or there about I think, I just run forest run most of the time. Haha.

Yeah, screw tofu. I am happy there is no achievement for that one. I only have 5 left now to do :)

Caporegime
I actually was not that far to complete it on my first run as I recall, then after that I kept messing up trying different things and failing. But eventually worked out which pathing to take to avoiding using any ammo. Then save it and blow of zombies heads with a shotgun towards then end as I was being chased :p

I did mine in 11:24 or there about I think, I just run forest run most of the time. Haha.

Yeah, screw tofu. I am happy there is no achievement for that one. I only have 5 left now to do :)

Yeah same, I think I have 'All documents', 'Don't use the item box' and a couple of others that I doubt ill do. Must've run through the game more than 10 times now so its a bit stale.

Great game though, loved it.

Soldato
10x ?! I'm still on my first playthrough, albeit i am taking my time and exploring all that i can.

I found the Police Department to be excellent, much like the Mansion, however, i found the sewers a chore - NEST labs for me tonight!!

Caporegime
10x ?! I'm still on my first playthrough, albeit i am taking my time and exploring all that i can.

I found the Police Department to be excellent, much like the Mansion, however, i found the sewers a chore - NEST labs for me tonight!!

Yeah I would say so, when you get the route down you can finish the scenarios in < 1h 30 minutes so 10 runs isn't as long in game time as it seems. A/B scenarios for both players is 4 runs, then standard and hardcore = x2. Plus extra runs to get S+ etc.

Favourite part for me was definitely the Police Department. Really hope they give RE3 this sort of treatment.

Soldato
I was just planning on playing the game Leon then Clare - what is the difference playing a 2nd run through?

I remember Res Evil 1 on the 2nd play through i had the wardrobe key and inf rocket launcher. Is the 2nd run through similar to that or is a different story?

Caporegime
I was just planning on playing the game Leon then Clare - what is the difference playing a 2nd run through?

I remember Res Evil 1 on the 2nd play through i had the wardrobe key and inf rocket launcher. Is the 2nd run through similar to that or is a different story?

Gives a slightly different scenario, different starting place, puzzles are different, few items in different positions but tbh 95% of it felt the same to me.

It would have been better had they implemented the sort of mechanic they had in the original where if you picked something up as Leon in A, then it wouldn't be there for Claire in B. You would then have to choose which character would get a major weapon, or a pouch upgrade etc.

IIRC in the original it was the inventory pouch and the sub machine gun.

Soldato
Gives a slightly different scenario, different starting place, puzzles are different, few items in different positions but tbh 95% of it felt the same to me.

It would have been better had they implemented the sort of mechanic they had in the original where if you picked something up as Leon in A, then it wouldn't be there for Claire in B.

Thanks, don't think i'll bother with 2nd run. Would be nice to get that inf launcher though!!

Also, i won't bother with Tofu - just watched youtube for that, did you do that and Hunk run too?

Looking forward to the Ghost stories.

Caporegime
Thanks, don't think i'll bother with 2nd run. Would be nice to get that inf launcher though!!

Also, i won't bother with Tofu - just watched youtube for that, did you do that and Hunk run too?

Looking forward to the Ghost stories.

I just did a Hunk run, not bothered with Tofu as I can imagine it will be ridiculously tough based on the Hunk run.

Soldato
I just did a Hunk run, not bothered with Tofu as I can imagine it will be ridiculously tough based on the Hunk run.

I just watched Hunk and Tofu runs on youtube - on Tofu the guy just kept running and avoiding! Don't think i'll be doing it though.

Just completed Leons run, 7.46 and a B :(. But, i did take my time and just soaked it all up - Clare's run at some point this week.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah same, I think I have 'All documents', 'Don't use the item box' and a couple of others that I doubt ill do. Must've run through the game more than 10 times now so its a bit stale.

Great game though, loved it.

Those were done on assisted difficulty on my first B scenario runs, it is annoying trying to remember to not open the item box to store stuff :p

It would have been better had they implemented the sort of mechanic they had in the original where if you picked something up as Leon in A, then it wouldn't be there for Claire in B. You would then have to choose which character would get a major weapon, or a pouch upgrade etc.

IIRC in the original it was the inventory pouch and the sub machine gun.

Yeah, I was hoping they would take it to a next level rather than stripping it all out.

I just watched Hunk and Tofu runs on youtube - on Tofu the guy just kept running and avoiding! Don't think i'll be doing it though.

Just completed Leons run, 7.46 and a B :(. But, i did take my time and just soaked it all up - Clare's run at some point this week.

I literality just finished my 5th go on standard. Was shooting for a S, but got an A. It was 3 hours and 24 minutes and 0 saves. It seems I spend 24 minutes too many in the police station collecting stuff I did not need to. I get carried away wanting to make sure i get everything in every room which cost me as I never unlocked an achievement on this run :(

Back
Top Bottom