Adjusting access to programs across Windows 10 accounts?

Associate
Hi All,

Seeking advice here. I have three user accounts on my current Windows 10 install; my own, my wife and a one for my daughter. I am the main user and really the only one who installs anything on the PC. Consequently I have the most desktop icons for installed programs (mostly games lol). On the desktop of my Wife and daughters login they have a few (but not all) desktop short-cuts for game I have installed. I do not want them there; for my wife as she will never play then and for my daughter as I never want her to play them. There are also a few games that I want to make available to my daughter and they are not currently on her desk top. I find that if I delete shortcuts from my Wife's desktop they disappear on mine and so I know it will be some sort of permissions setting that will need tweaking.

So what I want to know it how to I remove access to certain programs by my wife and daughter and make some available?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
The shared shortcuts will be on the public desktop - C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Personal shortcuts for just them need to be in their own desktop folder - C:\Users\username\Desktop

Back
Top Bottom