Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Why not wrap the black performante?

Nope, wraps look terrible close up, I will just buy the colour I want in first place and my feeling is Performante will drop further anyway there is a few for sale but not moving as bit over priced.
I think if I can get colour I want for 180k I may do it as I'd hope the Performante won't dip under 150k in future even when the EVO Performante or Trofeo comes out, as regular Huracans will hold their prices up.

Still Huracan is only favourite because I did not yet drive a 458 or 570S, so no decision yet, planning to buy around April/May ideally.

Bit of a loon in a 458:

Soldato
pics of the truck please. sounds interesting

the tamiya truck is amazing it's 1/14th scale, it has 3 speed gearbox, you change gear from the transmitter, full working shocks and suspension, full working diffs, full sound effects, there's the instructions

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/knight_hauler.pdf

that isn't mine i'm still struggling with the body, because it has so much chrome i went for matt grey and it looks really nice and it's so big, about 21'' long.....but very expensive, the kit is expensive enough but all the electrics on top cost a fortune, i love stuff like this, it is really complicated, you only have to paint the body though so the worse is done......but i dont have any tools to assemble it though, i need to buy these this week....

IMG-2799.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I always associate Lambo's with being yellow, like Ferrari's are red. That would be my first choice, but they look great in all the other bright colours too. :D

Caporegime
the tamiya truck is amazing it's 1/14th scale, it has 3 speed gearbox, you change gear from the transmitter, full working shocks and suspension, full working diffs, full sound effects, there's the instructions

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/knight_hauler.pdf

that isn't mine i'm still struggling with the body, because it has so much chrome i went for matt grey and it looks really nice and it's so big, about 21'' long.....but very expensive, the kit is expensive enough but all the electrics on top cost a fortune, i love stuff like this, it is really complicated, you only have to paint the body though so the worse is done......but i dont have any tools to assemble it though, i need to buy these this week....

IMG-2799.jpg

Seriously? You go on about wrapping a Kenworth truck etc etc, and someone presses for more info, and its a 1/14 scale model? Jesus Christ...

Yeah I'm going to go for a drive in my Aston Martin DB5 in a little while, I do struggle to fit in it though. BECAUSE ITS A 1/32 SCALE MODEL.

Caporegime
How the **** has this thread gone from Mustangs, Jaaaaags & Lambo’s to modified shopping trolley cars & plastic toy trucks?

Oh yeah, Mal :rolleyes:

Here’s a wrapped real truck, agree with Gibbo, unless you want some weird graphics then just buy the car with the desired colour in the first place.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I always associate Lambo's with being yellow, like Ferrari's are red. That would be my first choice, but they look great in all the other bright colours too. :D

Though I agree, Ferrari is the only red car I'd consider, but is it sacrilege to still prefer yellow?

The classic spec of red, cream seats and red carpets:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...458/ferrari-458-coupe-italia-2dr-auto/9419049

But this is my favourite 458, might be against the norm to get a Ferrari in yellow, but I just love it:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...8/ferrari-458-4-5-italia-auto-seq-2dr/9327016

Soldato
Yellow! It looks fabulous.

Still, if I ever had to have a Ferrari, the one I’d have is the F355 F1 Spider, in red, with cream. It’s sad, but it is one of the exotic dreamcars I would love to drive/own sometime in my life time.

OcUK Staff
OP
They are both gorgeous but I think the Lambo is more eye catching. More of a mad looking car.

The 458 looks much better in yellow

Lambo is more outrageous, Ferrari has more class.

All being well I will have a 458 and a 570S for two days soon with 200 mile allowance on each, so that should be more than enough for me to properly test those two options. :)

Caporegime
is it sacrilege to still prefer yellow?
A Yellow f355 was good enough for Nicolas Cage and director Michael Bay (both Ferrari nuts) in “The Rock” - epic chase scene which ends in the Ferrari in bits although whilst the chase scene used a real 355 the car destroyed was actually a replica.

:)

OcUK Staff
OP
Lambo's for me need to be Green!

I guess the real question here Gibbo, is that once you've owned a Lambo, where do you go from there? Keep rotating the super/hyper car marques?

Performante if I did not go Performante now, or maybe a Huracan EVO if I stayed in the brand.

Other options would be into a 458 as none other Ferrari interest me, yep I only like 430's and 458's just like in Lamborghini stable I'd only ever want to own a Huracan.

I'd love a 600LT from Mclaren, also 570S Spyder or even 720S but their values are crashing by almost £10,000 per month, I can't afford 10k per month in depreciation.

So there is a few side steps for sure, but not a whole lot of progression, I could have course re-visit my dream of GT3 RS or regular GT3, just right now I don't want another 911 because my 911 was pretty sorted and as amazing as the GT3 is, its not a whole world apart from what I had.

P.S. On colour front, I am just like all 4 colours just look insane, friends, social media, forums all like different too. I guess if i really narrowed it down its a tie between green with silver wheels or yellow with black/dark wheels. But I love the orange and purple so much too I'd really don't care in the flesh my jaw was on the floor looking at them all, it was only the matt colours which did not so much for me and the reds, silvers, whites, blacks I was just finding a bit meh, all the black colour had was if you like the mean bad ass look the black cars looked plain evil.

Man of Honour
Though I agree, Ferrari is the only red car I'd consider, but is it sacrilege to still prefer yellow?

The classic spec of red, cream seats and red carpets:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...458/ferrari-458-coupe-italia-2dr-auto/9419049

But this is my favourite 458, might be against the norm to get a Ferrari in yellow, but I just love it:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...8/ferrari-458-4-5-italia-auto-seq-2dr/9327016

That looks great in yellow, it certainly suits it. Most Ferrari’s I see are white or grey :(

Caporegime
I guess the real question here Gibbo, is that once you've owned a Lambo, where do you go from there?
Pipe, slippers, 530d, the pinnacle of motoring. :D

Ferrari's look best in either Red, Yellow or Black IMO.
Black absolute no, no, no!

The gaffers 458 is black, it’s a lovely thing but the colour ruins it, hides the lines.....

Looks very mean, sure, but that’s it.

He clearly likes black though as his new Range is black as well, that’s what it’s all about ultimately, he likes black, rock on, if Gibbo wants fluorescent pink with white spots (it would be different!) it’s what floats yer boat.

Back
Top Bottom