• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
So now DayZ Standalone is at full release i suppose i can complain about driver support now :p

Heres my stuttering problem, starts at about 0.35.. ends at about 1.10.

I get this at whatever settings i use, highest, high, medium, low and lowest with AA on or off, full screen or windowed.. makes no freaking difference.. somebody help, had this for well over 2 years now. Just to add, it isnt server related as it happened in Offline Mode too.

@LtMatt ?

Does this happen randomly while playing or can you make it happen just by going into the server and give it less than 1 min? From the video it looks like mouse skipping pixels rather than stuttering like a single frame skip.

I'll get Dayz downloaded and try it myself see if I can get anything like yourself happening.

Associate
Does this happen randomly while playing or can you make it happen just by going into the server and give it less than 1 min? From the video it looks like mouse skipping pixels rather than stuttering like a single frame skip.

I'll get Dayz downloaded and try it myself see if I can get anything like yourself happening.

I cant repro it, its just random as hell, tried all sorts of mouse settings, different polling rates etc, even uninstalled Logitech mouse software. I only play 2-3 games these days, and this is one of them that i wana play but the stuttering makes it unplayable.

Lemme know how you get on, another AMD users feedback is something i'd like to hear, cheers :)

Soldato
I cant repro it, its just random as hell, tried all sorts of mouse settings, different polling rates etc, even uninstalled Logitech mouse software. I only play 2-3 games these days, and this is one of them that i wana play but the stuttering makes it unplayable.

Lemme know how you get on, another AMD users feedback is something i'd like to hear, cheers :)

I just recorded a 20 min gameplay and it was very smooth almost maxed out settings at 1440p

I had one big stutter at around 14 mins in. In the forest frame rate was much lower than around town and it also had quite abit of motion blur from the trees not sure if that can be switched off.

Performance was so much better than I remember Dayz - Although the game is bloody boring lol just running around!

I was surprised that the performance was worst in the woods than the town it used to be the other way around. Seeing over 100fps on Dayz was a massive surprise also.

I'll post the gameplay once Youtube has finished processing.

Associate
@shankly1985 Cheers for doing that :)

So i get that stuttering in towns and even in buildings too so it isnt just being in forests that i get it. Can even happen when in a garage with doors closed not rendering anything outside, its weird man.

The mouse thing i looked up, disabling power managment for USB devices, yet to test fully on that though.

One more thing, how come you and most streamers i see disable AA in DayZ? I know you're at 1440p but i still see the jaggies in your video.. just curious :) Try enabling AA and then enable Foliage Smoothing, makes the trees and grass look a lot different and even more realistic but also would like to see if it affects your performance at all.

Oh and Enhanced Sync causes stutter for me in every game now, Chill is useless, it just drops clock speeds to 3 figure core clocks.

Maybe i need to start another feedback report on the BI forums again, but those guys seem uninterested in stuff that only affects a few people.

Soldato
@shankly1985 Cheers for doing that :)

So i get that stuttering in towns and even in buildings too so it isnt just being in forests that i get it. Can even happen when in a garage with doors closed not rendering anything outside, its weird man.

The mouse thing i looked up, disabling power managment for USB devices, yet to test fully on that though.

One more thing, how come you and most streamers i see disable AA in DayZ? I know you're at 1440p but i still see the jaggies in your video.. just curious :) Try enabling AA and then enable Foliage Smoothing, makes the trees and grass look a lot different and even more realistic but also would like to see if it affects your performance at all.

Oh and Enhanced Sync causes stutter for me in every game now, Chill is useless, it just drops clock speeds to 3 figure core clocks.

Maybe i need to start another feedback report on the BI forums again, but those guys seem uninterested in stuff that only affects a few people.

I just went with the default settings the game give. I did check AA and seen that is was MSAA and with Dayz in the past sucking so bad on frame rate I thought it would be a bad idea enabling that. It defo looks good on my screen and didn't notice any jaggies.

Enhanced-sync I use for all my games I really like it :D

Has for Chill I use it for a frame limiter by setting the min fps so high it doesn't drop the frame rate when i dont move around :D Instead it just reduces the frame rate, its better method than using FRTC.

Edit
It might effect myself also but I can not play that game any longer to find out sorry. :( 20 mins was enough for me. Dayz days are long gone.

Associate
I just went with the default settings the game give. I did check AA and seen that is was MSAA and with Dayz in the past sucking so bad on frame rate I thought it would be a bad idea enabling that. It defo looks good on my screen and didn't notice any jaggies.

Enhanced-sync I use for all my games I really like it :D

Has for Chill I use it for a frame limiter by setting the min fps so high it doesn't drop the frame rate when i dont move around :D Instead it just reduces the frame rate, its better method than using FRTC.

Edit
It might effect myself also but I can not play that game any longer to find out sorry. :( 20 mins was enough for me. Dayz days are long gone.

Yea i dont blame you, the official servers aint that good anymore, players are all over the modded servers now, way better loot and snow maps etc.

I shall figure this out one day, my next shot is to try mouse drivers from around the date where it ran fine for me (pre 0.61 patch) as i think you're onto something with the mouse skipping thing.

Thanks again for testing for me though, really appreciated that :)

Soldato
Unfortunate it seemed like a fair shout. Also sorry if Ive missed you saying but what's your psu like? I've seen PSUs on the edge of strong enough cause rapid clock speed fluctuations due to not being able to supply quote enough power which would also likely cause stutter.

Bad memory overclock can sometimes cause this too.

Associate
PSU in my sig, DayZ is the only game i'm having issues with.

I cant help but think its obviously the game, and its obvious that AMD are not really working with the DayZ team with optimisations, there is never any info on DayZ in driver updates. Its not a AAA game so AMD dont give a ...

3 years in June i've had these issues, at this point i'd be better off going Xbox and playing DayZ on that.

I've had these problems with DayZ with..

6700K & RX 480
2700X & RX 480
2700X & Vega 56

Always an AMD GPU in there which makes me think its AMD, if i had the cash i would buy a 1060 just to test as i know players running DayZ with a bloody Nvidia 660 and they dont get stuttering like i do.

Last edited:
Associate
Question for @LtMatt The Vega7 will be launching in a few days. As the owner of a vega 64 lets be honest out the of the box performance is average at best. Once the 64 is undervolted and the HBM undervolted and overclocked its a different story. Will AMD be able to get the best out of this card from day one or will it be the same story.

Caporegime
OP
Question for @LtMatt The Vega7 will be launching in a few days. As the owner of a vega 64 lets be honest out the of the box performance is average at best. Once the 64 is undervolted and the HBM undervolted and overclocked its a different story. Will AMD be able to get the best out of this card from day one or will it be the same story.
Not talking about unreleased products.

Associate
Terry Makedon @CatalystMaker

Soon - Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 support for Apex Legends and The Division 2 Private Beta. This release also improves on stability with fixes for end user issues and some performance improvements for Assassins Creed: Odyssey. In the next hour!
6:31 PM · Feb 4, 2019 · TwInbox

https://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/status/1092490911307743232

Edit: nvm, they're already up...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-1

Code:
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-19-2-1
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Highlights
Support For

APEX Legends™
    The Division™ 2 Private Beta
    Assassin’s Creed™: Odyssey
        Up to 5% performance improvement with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 on a Radeon™ RX Vega 64. RS-285

Fixed Issues

Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.
    Radeon Settings may fail to install while doing a software update on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
    Some displays may experience a loss of video when launching a fullscreen application with Radeon FreeSync enabled.
    Anthem™ may experience a white screen or corruption while playing or launching the game.
    Radeon Settings may experience a crash if the user changes tabs quickly with a very large game list.
    Fixed an issue where Radeon Settings update notifications may suggest older driver releases to upgrade to.
    HDMI Underscan settings may not retain after system restart.
    Radeon ReLive may intermittently experience captured recordings or Instant Replays with inverted colors.

Known Issues

Mouse lag or system slowdown is observed for extended periods of time with two or more displays connected and one display switched off.
    Game Advisor may fail to load compatibility information for games when the gaming library is very large.
    Pixel Format settings may not retain after system restart.
    Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene.
    Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    Game and VR Streaming options may be missing in Radeon Settings after a clean installation or Radeon Software upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom