Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Soldato
I tried to have a go this weekend.. Downloaded and installed. Tells me I had to sign up and I did but then it sat there doing nothing. Tried it a couple of times before I gave up. Might pick it up when its a tenner.

Associate
I got to 8th prestige in like the first 6 weeks but haven't been bothered to play since, all my mates went back to fortnite which is annoying because it gets boring playing on my own with naff random team mates

Soldato
Ok so I have been out of COD games since MW2 and mates have recently got into this whole Blackout thing. (Never played any of the other battle royale style games so all new to me)

The games have moved on massively!

I have played a bunch of games (Solo's and quads etc) and I am just crap! I used to love setting my area in MW2, camping for a bit, capping some jabronies then getting bored and moving off etc. This one looks massively complex. Just getting used to the maps but I have like 3 kills in hours of play and struggling to get to grips with it.
I think I need more seat time but its rubbish when you think you're on a good one then get capped from range or someone just gets you with a better gun.
What are the go to weapons? How can I make sure I have some sort of armour? What the heck do you do with armour plates?! Whats the diff between a med kit and bog roll?

Even the menu seems confusing - is there no campaign? I have been through the tutorial and get the basics but need to up my game!

Any tips?

Don
Ok so I have been out of COD games since MW2 and mates have recently got into this whole Blackout thing. (Never played any of the other battle royale style games so all new to me)

The games have moved on massively!

I have played a bunch of games (Solo's and quads etc) and I am just crap! I used to love setting my area in MW2, camping for a bit, capping some jabronies then getting bored and moving off etc. This one looks massively complex. Just getting used to the maps but I have like 3 kills in hours of play and struggling to get to grips with it.
I think I need more seat time but its rubbish when you think you're on a good one then get capped from range or someone just gets you with a better gun.
What are the go to weapons? How can I make sure I have some sort of armour? What the heck do you do with armour plates?! Whats the diff between a med kit and bog roll?

Any tips?

Try and get an assault rifle as most combat is long distance. An ABR is ideal, 3 round burst, Swordfish are equally good then you just have your normal Maddox, ICR etc
I tend to land at Cargo 95% of the time, it's quite contested but has great loot.
Armor, just get yourself around and loot, armour is pretty important. Amour plates allow you to fix your armour if you've been hit.
Med kits help you replenish your health back to 150, trauma kits get it to 200 but rare.

Soldato
Read a guide :)

You need a team who talk really otherwise you struggle.
Any recommended ones? After more real world experience from you lot considering the amount of chat here!
We all have headsets and talk tactics when we are on together, feel out of my depth on my own - like I said, I know its game time I need as well!
Try and get an assault rifle as most combat is long distance. An ABR is ideal, 3 round burst, Swordfish are equally good then you just have your normal Maddox, ICR etc
I tend to land at Cargo 95% of the time, it's quite contested but has great loot.
Armor, just get yourself around and loot, armour is pretty important. Amour plates allow you to fix your armour if you've been hit.
Med kits help you replenish your health back to 150, trauma kits get it to 200 but rare.
Thanks thats useful, I have no idea about the guns so will look for them. Never landed in Cargo - the ship is normally an interesting one (Hijacked?) as is Firing range!

Funnily enough I have got a Victory in Duos but my mate single handedly one it for us!

Associate
Mates been nagging me for ages to join them on COD, took them years mind with me being a BF junkie on the PC :D

When I did finally join them I didn't like it at all, biggest issue for me is the controller...I just can't get on with it coming from a keyboard/mouse background.

Starting to get a bit better, taken me ages I tell ya! lol

Enjoy it more now working as a team in blackout but i doubt I would play it on my own tbh.

Soldato
https://www.metabomb.net/callofduty/gameplay-guides/call-of-duty-blackout-guide-3

Try here. I’m a noob but found some decent randoms last night. Ended up being alone vs 2 others in quads. Too much pressure when trying to snipe !

We kept landing at same spot which helps as you get to know the landscape and where to go.

I struggle with what weapons to use too
Cheers appreciate the link! Will continue to grind away - don't think I could do PC, I can just about get the guys with a controller, would be absolutely useless with a KBM combo.

Soldato
The Dark mater grind is real!
I'm just about to finish the pistols, leaving only the tactical rifles to go (they're all lvl max at least).The biggest pain for me was the snipers, as I'm doggy doodoo with them.

Had great fun getting the knife to gold, as the challenges (whatever its called again when you need to 'get 50 kills with no attachments, 50 with optic and all attachment , etc etc) were interesting to get.

There was one camo challenge where you had to stab someone, take his gun, and then shoot him with the gun you picked up from him in the same life. Had to do that 5 times over, and was just so funny imagining the rage that induced in the other player :D

Soldato
Think the titan is the game on easy mode for sure, same with Hades (my personal fav LMG). I hated the VKM in the beginning, but took a liking to it, once the gun dictated to me how I should change my playstyle.

Didn't think I'd get the Mozu (last handgun) headshots to get to the challenges, but after you get the gun to max level, that head splitter operator mod is hilarious. I'm not super accurate, but got 20 headshots in one game last night!

Back
Top Bottom