What interesting facts do you know about your MP?

Permabanned
Mine is Owen Paterson, a staunch supporter of leave the EU, ex Northern Ireland secretary of state, and he was coached by Lord John Biffen, a renowned Conservative orator, who in turn was mentored by Enoch Powell MBE. I like North Shropshire, a seat continuously held by the Conservative party since 1832.... ;)

What do you know about your MP?

Soldato
Charlie Brooker is her brother in-law. She once wrote a jingle for John Peel in Bengali. Her sister used to present Blue Peter.

Soldato
Mine is Owen Paterson, a staunch supporter of leave the EU, ex Northern Ireland secretary of state, and he was coached by Lord John Biffen, a renowned Conservative orator, who in turn was mentored by Enoch Powell MBE. I like North Shropshire, a seat continuously held by the Conservative party since 1832.... ;)

What do you know about your MP?

Explains a lot.

Soldato
I know very little about Liz Mcinnes other than her views on a few local issues.

I have heard my fair share of stories about Owen Paterson though as my wife's parents lived in Ellesmere for a long time. He sounds like an 'interesting' fellow to say the least.

Soldato
Justin Madders, Ellesmere Port and Neston. Didn't vote for him, but if the Tories try and parachute yet another clueless dipstick in from the other side of the county again then I probably will next time. I also walk past his house quite often.

Soldato
My democratically elected representative of the people was hand picked for the job by some Conservative selection panel. Just like every one of his predecessors for the last 70 years or so. But apparently it's important that I go out and vote so that 'my voice is heard'.

Stafford here, my local MP is Jeremy Corbyn Lefroy (Conservatives). Don't know much about him except that he campaigned against Ariva when the council cut back subsidies, resulting in a loss of evening and Sunday bus services on local routes. Not sure if Jeremy was a ******** or a Brexidiot, but Stafford on the whole voted to leave. Stafford is a nice enough town though, oldy worldy in some parts e.g. Ancient High House, some award-winning flower arrangements in the parks, however, it does tend to be a safe Tory seat. Certainly shows as we're a bit backwards here, not that diverse, and I still get power cuts several times a year :p

Back
Top Bottom