Poll: Custard

Custard

• Total voters
Soldato
I was in the Scouts when I was a kid and Jamaica Ginger Cake & custard was always a staple when we were out somewhere on camp. Lovely stuff.

Associate
Obviously it goes on everything, but rhubarb crumble is clearly the best option and I’m staggered that wasn’t in the poll
Give this man a medal for the best answer!
Also with a gooseberry crumble, or any crumble or fruit filled pie. Or baked in a pastry tart case, or between layers of buttery pastry. Or with any good pudding. Nom nom nom

Associate
Birds custard isn’t home made. It’s a ready made custard powder. You wouldn’t put a tablespoon of bisto in hot water and call it home made gravy would you?

Indeed it isn't!

No birds are killed in the process of making custard, at least not the stuff I make. Cream / milk, egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and vanilla is all that's needed. Some skip the cornflour but I do find it a bit too runny without it myself. Just gotta be careful not to overheat it and curdle it. Whether you should or not I like to give the yolks a good beating before adding the sugar, cornflour etc. I find it makes the custard smoother and lighter.

Now I want custard.....

Back
Top Bottom