Will this cpu cooler, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme (from my 2700k) work with new 9900k?

Man of Honour
It will work with a 9700k/9900k as long as you have the correct fittings (sockets 1155/1156/1151/1150 all have the same mounting holes). If you haven't then you will need to find a fitting kit or buy a new cooler. The 9900k is a power hungry, hot running cpu and I am not sure that cooler will be up to the job of cooling it, especially if you intend to overclock.

Soldato
OP
thanks "pastymucher".

Are the fittings and mounting holes different from a sandybridge 2700k so the 9700/9900k? I do not have any fittings other than the ones that are currently in use.

Thanks

Soldato
thanks "pastymucher".

Are the fittings and mounting holes different from a sandybridge 2700k so the 9700/9900k? I do not have any fittings other than the ones that are currently in use.

Thanks

The mounting holes are the same so it will fit. As mentioned by Pasty though it will probably struggle with a 9900K.

Soldato
OP
In reality i think I would get an AIO water cooling solution for better looks... however, are you sure that the cooler I have (CNPS10X Extreme) is significantly worse than the dark rock ones you have linked? I cant find any TDP figures from a quick google for it.

At the time when it was purchased (albeit almost a decade ago!!!) it was very well reviewed for heat dissipation.

Cheers,

Pes x

Soldato
In reality i think I would get an AIO water cooling solution for better looks... however, are you sure that the cooler I have (CNPS10X Extreme) is significantly worse than the dark rock ones you have linked? I cant find any TDP figures from a quick google for it.

At the time when it was purchased (albeit almost a decade ago!!!) it was very well reviewed for heat dissipation.

Cheers,

Pes x

The Dark Rock Pro 4 is listed as 250W TDP so pretty beefy. The single fan Dark Rock 4 is listed as 200W TDP.

The Zalman might be fine with the 9700K at stock. Worth trying first if you are not overclocking. If it doesn't cut it then you can buy a better cooler.

Back
Top Bottom